Welcome to the Grow Support category

new guy here …am not familiar with humidity dome

temps/humidty …70/75

1 Like

Hey good evening @dbrn32 can you tell by these pics how close i am getting to choppin her down??

4 Likes

Its been 10 weeks

Looks like there’s still a lot of whit pistils and clear trichomes, so not ready yet. Maybe couple weeks or so. Will probably go fast once you see the rest of pistils receding.

3 Likes

Thanks so much…have a great night!!

1 Like

Hello gents I’ve been practicing with germ and first few weeks of growth a few different ways I’ve read on threads in the forum. I decided to also try a desktop hydroponic kit for germination and first few weeks.

This uses small triangular pods that go in a triangular net pot. Does the size of the plastic or the pod matter? Will my plants roots simply grow down and then expand wildly inside the container or is the small pod and small net cup going to restrict growth? I am asking because I am planning on transplanting into a DWC but once the roots start growing through the triangular pod and cup I wouldn’t be able to get them out and would have to transplant them into the clay pebbles of my bucket.

1 Like

Included a picture next to a Rapid Rooter for size comparison and to help people visualize exactly what I was saying.

2 Likes

Mj plants are simple. Your not growing orchards. I think its a waist of money, but maybe some others on here know different. Me personally, i keep it kiss. Keeping it stupid simple. Solo cups with a small seedling light. Simple.
Blows me away at the things they will sell you with promise of great things. Lol. When your new to growing you should keep it simple till you have better knowledge of your plants. :v:

1 Like

That’s why I’m germinating and growing every way I can, because I’m new. With that said, by trying it all I’m going to fall on the way that works best for me or that I enjoy more than another. This is part of the process of finding what works and how well it works vs other ways.

Regarding “promises of great things” you’ll never know until you or someone else tries. Which I’m willing to do. I planted 2 seeds in that hydroponic starter, 2 in rapid rooters and 2 with paper towel into presoaked rockwool. The hydro starter 1s from above are doing the best of the 6.

I don’t mean to come off as though K.I.S.S. isn’t a time proven method in all things, I understand that. Nor do I want to seem like the “well I read it once I’m am expert” type. I AM trying simple but also not so simple at the same time. I’m failing and succeeding but ultimately I’m learning.

Regarding those triangle pots though I don’t know if it’s going to be a lost cause so was hopeing to know whether they would be fine when transplanted into DWC like that or maybe I should cut the plastic from around the starter pod.

But thanks for your input regarding keeping it simple. I may have to revert to that if I begin to become overwhelmed with learning too much about too many different ways at once.

I think they gotta come out of the pod. I would.
Its grest to test new stuff. All im saying is it would be better tested after you grow a couple to learn there full potential. Otherwise you have nothing to go from. Grow them all. How ever you like. Thats what its all about.

I found when people have instant success with something there more likely to keep doing it. Whatever it is. Growing is no different. :v: grow a 6ft plant in a 5 gallon bucket with hose water, youll be hooked for life.

1 Like

You can cut away plastic and place into larger container when ready.

1 Like

I have northern lights auto germinated seeds in grow bags,they have not emerged yet…my question is,can I put them out in the sun when it’s 88 °f…I’m afraid of the soil getting to hot…Help!!

3 Likes

Hey hows it going everyone…does anyone know what this is protruding from the top left of the bud? It just grew in the last week or so. Is it just bud growing out of bud?? Foxtail maybe? Don’t know much about those. It is the main cola btw

2 Likes

Hey, i wouldnt put it in direct sunlight. If you want it outside, warm shade. They cant take direct sun for a bit. If you can keep it inside till it breaks ground, any warm spot will do. I keep them in the dark until they break the top of the soil. Then its gentle light for two weeks or so.

1 Like

The soil temperature probably wouldn’t be a problem, but if you already have them placed in bags I would allow the plants to develop some first, then transplant.

1 Like

This is what it looks like.

Yup, foxtail it is. Nice bud. Mine sprung some foxtails too. It was getting too hot. Over 80 that far into flower is about it. Some strains can take more, some less. Heat stress is my first thought.

1 Like

Thank you and W.B.elpaso for the replies. Will cut them out of their plastic prisons in about a week.

2 Likes

Hey, we’ll see you in the bud of the month in a few months.:v:

1 Like