Welcome to the Grow Support category

Just a heads-up, if the lights in picture are the only ones you are going to use Veg- Flower, they won’t be enough to produce dense buds. I’m not sure who recommended them, but you need to invest into some decent LEDS to make your efforts worthwhile. Hopefully you know that I’m not trying to be critical, just trying to help you get a great return on your efforts. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

My friend - you aren’t being critical at all… :sunglasses:

Given that I know less than nothing, beyond what I’ve read here and in a couple of other places, everything I hear at this point is an education, and I appreciate it for that. Might you have a suggestion for lighting for 4 plants? It’s really all the room I have at the moment.

There’s frankly too much information in the wild to make a good decision, and looking at the science behind these and the spread spectrum they offered, they seemed reasonable -
https://smile.amazon.com/SANSI-Daylight-Spectrum-Sunlight-Greenhouse/dp/B07BRKG7X1?pd_rd_w=3HPy6&pf_rd_p=5bc65336-a8b0-4888-9e70-4d4ce2f6bd59&pf_rd_r=C9HSRV5PE0W4MWDXR2DV&pd_rd_r=6619a773-8d36-40ff-9c80-a4e182f38660&pd_rd_wg=aFeNU&pd_rd_i=B07BRKG7X1&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_1_i?tag=greenrel-20

Thanks again for your willingness to help! Hope to return the favor someday.

2 Likes

You are currently in the same position as most of us have been in. I’m in no way a expert in LED lighting. But you are correct there’s many options and a bunch of companies making claims that the science doesn’t support. Amazon doesn’t care if the claims that sellers are making are truthful, hint: most of them are misleading, at best and flat out lie, at worst. You need to have enough wattage to cover 4 plants, which easily can be 4x4 ft space depending on how you grow. If you are in 5-7 gallon pots 4x4 space is a reasonable guess. Depending on your budget you should consider HLG Leds, and a few others. I’m going to tag a few people who can give you some specific guidance on LEDs. @dbrn32 @MidwestGuy @BobbyDigital @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Unfortunately those lights won’t do anything for your plants. You could maybe start seedlings with them.

The current state of the art is Horticulture Lighting Group (HLG) with high end Spyder Farmer, California Lightworks, CHILled Tech etc producing some quality lights.

The stuff coming from overseas uses inferior diodes. They may say they are X but those companies can’t be sued for lying. We had a grower here who emailed Samsung who informed him that NO companies overseas were using their top-bin diodes.

2 Likes

I haven’t ever had any problems with ILGM seeds but 2 hasn’t germinated. So what do I do or how do I go about getting ahold of ILGM.

You need to go to seed site and sign into your account. Go to customer service and send email about issue. Once they receive email some will get back in touch with you.

1 Like

What is size of space you set aside for growing there? Your lights should be sized to your space. From there plant doesn’t matter as much, and whether you run 1 large plant or several small plants your yield potential will be about the same.

Good morning, and thanks for the advice! I’ll do the digging on the HLG lights today and see if I can get them here for the girls - I’ll keep the LED’s to start lettuce… :leafy_green:

2 Likes

Hi, and thanks. I have a corner of my office in the home set aside for overwintering geraniums, a couple of succulents and I bring orchids up for TLC until they re-flower. All in all, the space for the 4 girls is 28" x 12" (a small table I cobbled together), but that will need to get larger, undoubtedly as the 2 youngest start to get growing. The office / studio is only 12 x 12, so a bit space challenged…

2 Likes

Ya, most will struggle to flower out 1 plant in area like that.

This may seem stupid but how do I post a question?

1 Like

What is your question?

I just realized this is just one big running thread and the mods/community do an excellent job at replying. :clap:

3 Likes

Really a newbie. I’ve been harvesting when pistils are about 30% amber. Yield is extremely low but the high is amazing.

2 Likes

Do you mean trichomes are amber?pistils are the hairs sticking out of the calyxs that eventually turn brown and shrivel. Tricomes are what we check to look for cloudy to amber

1 Like

Sounds like you may be harvesting a little too early. Your pistils should be all or mostly turned from white by the time you harvest. If pistils are still white your buds are still going to put on some weight.

What I typically advise is to weight until most pistils have turned colors and are starting to recede, then start checking trichomes under magnification. Cloudy/milky looking trichomes have ripened and are at peak potency. So I look for all Cloudy with small percentage of amber.

3 Likes

Has anyone seen a seeding like this. It’s been at this same height and size for almost 2 weeks, and is the only 1 out of 4 that did it.

1 Like

Was this planted in something smaller and then moved to this pot? Have seen stuff like this happen with roots being damaged.

It was in a peat moss pellet, in a humidity dome. When the others grew to big I just moved them all to their forever pots hoping it would catch up, but it’s just stayed the same. I didn’t know if I could save it or not, I’ve never seen that before

But that could very well be the problem. It might have been damaged going from the cup of water to the peat, thank you for your time

1 Like