Welcome to the Grow Support category

Never seen anything like this. What specifically can we help with?

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Male?

2 Likes

Hi this is my first attempt at trying this and after soaking 2 seeds in water as directed and developing a nice tap root I planted them in 2 jiffy pots with Fox Farm soil watered and placed under light however after 1 week in the soil I have seen nothing begin to emerge am I being to impatient or mess something up and have two duds

1 Like

Not definitive enough to say.

2 Likes

Hey bud have you kept the seedling moist and the humidity between 50% and 80%? And a temperature between 60 & 85 degrees?

Temperature has stayed between 76-78 degrees and I have been spraying the plants 2 times a day but no the humidity has run between 45-47 percent

Can’t tell for certain, but certainly suspect. Keep a close eye on it.

1 Like

Thanks my man!

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Ive been looking like 2 times daily just too keep an eye out

2 Likes

48 hours in a glass of water and no sprout yet… I am concerned because all other sites say not to leave them over 24… I will wait till 72 hours have passed as instructed by ILGM … I am new and just anxious maybe lol… any advice would be appreciated

1 Like

After 48 hours i would put them wrapped up in damp paper towel inside of ziplock with some air tapped in. Then place on something warm like cable box.

5 Likes

Cable box works great! Solid advise of course. If i have a good place with the right temps and humidity i will go ahead and put them in soil.

3 Likes

ok i will try that and Thank you

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @mike2308 ! I too am a first-time grower on this site, but what I can tell you is that I used un-pH’d (water straight from my rain collection barrels), used red solo-cups for about 24 hours to ‘dunk’ the seeds in about an inch of water, and left those in my grow tent, which typically stays in the 80-degree range. After the first 24 hours (or so), I get paper towels and transfer the single seed into a folded-up paper towel soaked in the rainwater from the solo-cup, and place that into ziplock bag. I leave the seeds unmoved for another 36-48 hours before checking. So far, this method has gotten me 12 for 12 on seed germination.

Best of luck, growmie!

2 Likes

Thank you … I also planted 2 seeds directly in the soil 2 days ago. Any guess how long that method may take to sprout? I know it takes longer

1 Like

Down, always down thats the root

2 Likes

Thank you for getting back but now I have two different answers. I got a response from somebody at your establishment saying plant the tail up and now I’m being told to plant the tail down. It makes more sense to me especially if that’s the root.
TC

1 Like

@TC561 I saw someone saying that in a different thread, but I’m a first-time grower so I didn’t want to comment saying something different. When I planted all of my seeds in their pots, I always did the stem down with the seed helmet only about a fingernail deep under the grow media. I grow in a combo of mostly Coco and Pete Moss with worm castings and other amendments. Feel free to check it out in my journal.

When I planted my seeds after taking the taproots out of the paper towels, they took between 2-4 days to sprout above the ground.