Welcome to the Grow Support category

@Brett I don’t think it’s really necessary for you to defol your plant as she’s already so open and small plus your in flower. IMHO it’s best to just ride this out and make your adjustments on the next grow. Keep us posted!

Yes to an extent. You can’t change genetic programming by harvesting at different times but trichome condition can alter effects some.

1 Like

Changing of the environment can put them in veg i have done it before with autos and they grow like photos…learned by accident of course but i can repeat it…

So I started with a 2x2x4
That tent was fine until they started to reach and they were actually pressing against the light by the time I got the bigger tent. I have a bad habit of starting more seeds(of anything honestly) in case some do not germinate. The downside to this is I can usually get about a 90% rate so I’m always giving seedlings away(of any veg or flower). That is where I’m at with a full tent and I’ve started my first round of phenos and got 100%on them as well. Thanks for the advise though. It would be a great idea if I wasn’t slam packed I. There.
Peace

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to the Grow Support category:

Can I ask you a question? Can you or anyone tell me what this looks like? I thought it was a potassium deficiency but after a week of bananna and aloe tea there is still no change. The leaves are all bottom or mid height all the new growth and buds are healthy. I may be just be helicoptering these plants but I don’t want something to go wrong and I loose my girls.

I’ve never used banans tea, but i do feel like I’ve seen several here crash and burn trying to. And the aloe is great for mending breaks but i don’t know what if anything it does in a soil drench. I do feel like you’ll see some not so great leaves at bottom of decent sized plants just because they don’t get any light and air circulation there is usually poor. If new growth and top of your plants is doing well I wouldn’t sweat this too much.

Ive seen some youtube stuff about adding banana peels to there bubble water and same for alovera. I think the banana peel is a wifes tale but i do know aloe has beneficial enzymes, amino acids, and i beleive hormones as well which is why its recommended for clones, this might be why its being recommended. Sounds like its worth a shot atleast, id like to see a test on 2 clones to see the comparisons. Hope that helps good luck bud

There’s no enzymes, amino acids, or hornones required for plant growth is my point. This stuff is all great when it adds to your grow, but it’s not going to fix a nutrient deficiency if that’s what is suspected.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to the Grow Support category:

Thank you so much, this is my first completely organic growing of anything so I feel like I’m grasping for anything I think will help. So aloe is a great anti-microbial it’s full of beneficial compounds like vitamins,(A,C,E,B)amino acids, complex carbs, magnesium, calcium etc. It can protect from bad microbes, mold and /or blight, fungus, yeast etc.
It’s great as a foliar spray or just mixed in with your water. It can also be used as a growth hormone for clones. I’ve used it for years in my vegetable garden. Anyway sorry to go on, thanks for the help.
Peace

Do those look like pollen sacs? Its the only one on the whole plant I’ve found

Too young, little to have any certainty. Wait a week. Not excited about the location in proximity to the 2 stipules to the right of it. Could be a new little leaflet forming, again wait a few days/week and check back.

1 Like

I know it won’t fix the deficiency, if there is one, but if the plant took a hit or is stressed from suspected deficiency then the aloe can help to alleviate said stress and shorten the time in which to heal. You are right, though, none of the things I listed are needed to grow cannabis , just like we don’t need to take a multivitamin, but they help us stay healthy and fight off sickness and disease. I am a preventative gardener I’d rather do a little extra work, that might not benefit the plant at all in the long run than not use it and a have problem come up that I could have easily prevented. That’s all I was trying to get across.
Thanks again
Peace

2 Likes

Has anyone used prescription blend nutrients? If so can you use every watering? I’m having trouble navigating around to find info on these nutrients so I just threw it out there.

I just started a round of pheno’s and right before I flip them I’m gonna go hunting for a few clones just to experiment. I’ll make an update when I do, I plan to use aloe as the cloning medium so I’ll try and let you know how it goes.
Peace

I have a question, when you plant the seed do you plant the tail down or do you plant it up

After the seed germinates do you plant the tail down or do you plant the tail up

I usually let tail get 1/4" long and place them tail up with husk down. Use something like sterile tweezers to pick and place the seed too.

2 Likes

thank you that’s what I’ve been doing I just wanted to make sure.

1 Like

They will typically sprout either way as long as not mishandled. But placing tail down is more likely to come up with shell still attached. When tail is up the shell is usually pulled off as the tap root rights itself.

2 Likes

Please help a beginner, Justang72
I bought some auto seeds from you last year. (Didn’t even know what auto-flowering meant)
Anyways, I finally got my last seed to germinate and it was amazing! Everyone loved it!
I got 8 Bubble Gum seeds recently. I only have 2 seeds left. 1germinated and my son’s wife forgot to water her. And 2 seeds disappeared inside paper towels. Like melted or something?
Anyways, I’m not asking for replacements or handouts. I love you guys and your website. It’s amazing! Please help.
P. S. I rarely have the privilege to smoke anymore. I’m a journeyman Lineman. (Many drug tests) but my wife and family loves to partake. :grin:

1 Like