Welcome to our new Aquaponics category

Here are the nuts I’m using. I put three in to early is my guess. What I put in was for the final flowering stage.

Ok this gang is definitely getting better.

Here are my two girl scout cookie Xtremes, Left Twix and Right Twix.

Three pineapple express and one sour diesel.

Sorry but the correct ph for dwc is 5.3-5.8
At that high ph your locking out needed nutrition @CooperinKredible

2 Likes

How often are you changing water? When I worked in a fish store I’d always tell people the more often you do a water change the better. The reef or a lake is not stagnate, always flushing its self out. I change mine every 3 days and when I slack and do it later my plants really show that they need fresh.
This is my 2 cents worth, it’s just alive things like fresh things, I like fresh water n food.
Happy growing and now

Puff puff pass

Ok I lowered my pH down a bit before work. The water isnt stagnant or anything . Its circulates from air manifolds in the tanks. I do think I might involve a water filter of some kind.

I don’t mean stagnate, just older water. I was out of town for 10 day, so my hydro systems sat for 10 days. I like more frequent. I propagated corals in 3 1000 gallon tubs. Yes every 3 days I changed over 3000 gallons. They loved it and never died, took $ to figure this out. I am just doing same here cause $ isn’t my friend.

Well seeing as to how this was posted in the aquaponics thread, i thought we were talking about aquaponics here which is why i hadnt replied after seeing the bottles. If he was using aquaponics then the correct ph would be, in fact around 6.5. Not 5.5 unless you are trying to stress your fish to death. I/we generally dont have to do water changes in aquaponics after a system is cycled assuming that your fish to plant ratio is pretty close to where it needs to be.

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Johnny5’s RDWC aquaponic garden

Hydro PH is 5.8 +/- .3

Make sure airstones are not clogged. I have had air pump issues in the past, and the lack of Oxygen can cause this look.

Best to copy/paste an ILGM Support ticket so we can give you more informed guidance.

lw,

p.s. wrong category

2 Likes

Jaký druh ryb je nejvhodnější pro aquaponics?

(English)
What kind of fish is most suitable for aquaponics?

Jakákoli ryba bude fungovat, ale vytrvalé ryby jako Koi, Shubunkins a Goldfish jsou spíše odpouštějící podmínkám.

(English)
Any fish will work, but hardy fish like Koi, Shubunkins, and Goldfish are more forgiving to conditions.

2 Likes

Next race I plan to try out the fish, then I will need to help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m new to this forum, but have lots of experience with Aquaponics over many years.
I now plan to join the two together with my first grow, hopefully my seeds come soon.

I’ve grown everything from chives to tomatoes, to quite large fruits (Papaya) in 30cm deep grow beds.
all outdoors, so I guess I’ll be keeping with the theme and grow some Sativa outdoors.
I’m happy to provide my experience of Aquaponics, and gain from you guys(and girls !) on how to cultivate, reap and process, almost forgot the consume.

5 Likes

We certainly like new members reguardless of experience I truly believe everyone can benefit from plants in their lives, MJ or otherwise and having a green thumb to start certainly helps :wink:

Welcome and happy growing

2 Likes

IMG_20180311_235531|282x500
I would just like to show you :slight_smile:

1 Like

My love blackberry

2 Likes

Too much Nitrogen causes leaves to curl and reduces bud development

1 Like

1 Like

It’s a bit more complicated, 4 different types of fruit in one common large pot. Experiment versus alchemy versus aquaponics …

1 Like