Welcome to our Members Lounge

Latewood show us a picture of that baby ?

Latewood, hereā€™s is a pic of my OG Krush in 2nd week of flower. Iā€™m sure you can blow up the picā€™s

2 Likes

will you have picts soon??:sunglasses:

Any hunters or fisherman? I myself love to trout fish in fresh water streams, as well as catfish fishing late night in the dark. Iā€™m a deer and turkey hunter too! Got my first deer earlier this year!

1 Like

Maybe. I am not int he habit of showing current grow piks

They do smell good, :slightly_smiling:

I have been a fly fisherman for 50 years. Love it. Especially trout and steelhead. I also liked fishing in the deep lakes in the Finger Lakes in New York for northern pike and smallmouth bass. Some of the lakes have some monster catfish. Several times, my friends and I went to the St Lawrence River and fished of muskies or to Manitoba, Canada for Northern pike. THOSE are some fighting fish ! I also have been a bow hunter for whitetails since I was 15, and used to do a lot game bird hunting. I lived in western New York State when I was younger and most of my hunting was for ringneck pheasants and migratory geese and ducks. Got your first deer this year? Congratulations! Was it a mule deer or whitetail ? Love the challenge of going out and stalking a deer with a bow. I hunted with a rifle in Pennsylvania and got a couple of really nice whitetails there when I was stationed there in the service. I have had several nice kills with my compound bow including an elk. That was the most exciting hunt i can ever remember. The time I spent hunting and fishing was the best times of my life ! Except for smoking my own homegrown MJ!
Living in Texas now, most of the deer in my area are so small that they are hardly even worth hunting, not enough meat to bother with. There is some really nice bass fishing here though, Lake Ray Roberts and several other lakes here have some really trophy sized largemouth bass!
Where do you do your fishing and hunting? Hope you have a great grow. Jerry

2 Likes

Jerry you sound like someone I would really get along with! I live in Pa, so I hunt whitetail deer. I started with my dad when I was a kid, but as he got older and busier with life we stopped going. I too was in high school and lost interest, but last year I picked it back up again (25 now). I forgot how calming and relaxing it is to get out in the treestand and watch the woods move. I got lucky enough this year to kill my first deer. She was a big doe, weighed over 100lbs (supposedly thatā€™s a big doe? My buddies said theyā€™re usually smaller). I got to gut her and skin her too, which was what I really wanted to do myself. My first deer, I should be doing everything to take care of it. I even deboned the deer, and ground the meat myself. I did take some ground meat to my butcher to get it made into some other goodies, but other than that, I did everything. It was so rewarding. Just like growing is. You set out with a goal, and when you accomplish it you feel amazing! I really want to learn fly fishing though, as right now Iā€™m a spinning reel guy. I also kayak a lot! Pa has great streams rivers and lakes. And amazing deer hunting. Iā€™m the type of person that only hunts or fishes for something I will eat. I donā€™t really bass fish much, because I donā€™t eat them. Theyā€™re fun to catch, but to me i want to catch something I can eat. Thatā€™s why I mainly trout fish (when itā€™s in season), and catfish. Iā€™m definitely an outdoorsmen though, and camp any chance I can get! Mother Nature is my home girl!

1 Like

We bow hunt deer and elk here in Utah. I enjoy the challenge of bow hunting as opposed to rifle, and we get the first hunt of the season :slightly_smiling:
I used to love fishing when I lived in Nevada. We had a houseboat at Lake Mead that I would live on during summer months. One day father and I caught 21 big bass and we were ecstatic! We get back to the marina, dock the boat in the slip and grab the stringers of fish. I decided to show off and take them all by my 11 year old self and jumped onto the dock. I guess I forgot to hold on to the fish because next thing I know there are 3 stringers worth of fish in the water swimming away :pensive:
That was the last time I had been fishing, 22 years ago lol.

2 Likes

Building a home made boat this summer for lake fishing tried my hand at plywood boat last year turned out decent enough but too heavy for the places I want to take a boat so revising and changing everything I learnt to make a better one using ISO. A roofing insulation designed for torch-on foam wrapped in fiberglass super light easy to work and cheap for me :wink: I love to fish also like to tinker work most of summer and last year we had our 16 year old step daughter with us so built boat with her in mind. Lol she is phycologicaly challenging been on meds since she was 5 6ā€™2" 300+lbs and mood swings temper tantrums was the daily norm so I made a boat heavy and flat with her in mind. Now she is sitting in youth detention I am making one with me and the misses in mind :slight_smile: but spent most of summer last year in and out of hospital talking to cops and had no free time.

1 Like

I have hunted and fished in Westeren NY ā€œWest Valleyā€, where my wife is from, and in Pa. Tidioute area. Allegheny River. Late '89-'93. There are supposedly Catfish big enough to eat a human in some of the holes there.

3 Likes

There are definitely catfish big enough to eat a child in that river! When I was about 14 I caught a 3 foot catfish that weighed over 30 lbs. Both of my legs (at the time) would have fit in its mouth!

1 Like

I was from the Rochester/Geneseo State College area. A LOT of great fishing and hunting there, esp in the Finger Lakes area. Great Bow hunting and fishing. Kept me busy year round. I was a Fireman/Paramedic so I had work every third day and the rest of the time I was hunting, scouting for hunting season or fishing. AND of course, growing a little weed! Some really nice trout streams in the Naples area if you are ever there. Was a GREAT place to grow up. Jerry

1 Like

I am going to try to find my picture of the first buck I shot with a bow. Dressed at 203 lbs and had 12 points (eastern count). I was just 15 1/2 yrs old. What a ā€œstarterā€ deer. I never matched the rack again but had several deer that were over 200 lbs. I lived in a corn and bean growing area and the racks, as well as body weight, were enormous! Got spoiled with those deer and never really enjoyed deer hunting again except when I went for a mule deer. Never connected with one but they are very hard to get with bow. I did not hunt with shotgun much (couldnā€™t use rifle in my area of the state) or rifle until I was stationed in PA.

2 Likes

I probably wonā€™t ever get back up there unless I go if My wife has a family death occur. Iā€™m too old and it is too cold LOL

A fishing trip up the Yukon for pike and my fat red dog

6 Likes

the picts are of a trip 23 years ago .now days i fish closer to home on long winter days no more ice fishing till spring haha now i play in the toy box

3 Likes

just one more

2 Likes

on this trip to the Yukon fishing was super but the most interesting thing that happened was awaking to a near sited Grizzly Bear playing with my glasses hanging on window flap to my tent no joking couldnā€™t figure out what i was seeing ,window flap is above my head in the dome tent .woke up to seeing fog induced haha LARGE Nose teeth fur .could have petted it ā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s some nice fish!

1 Like