Welcome to our Members Lounge

Lol that thing will never come any where near my grow room!

1 Like

Y’all every seen a wingless wasp? Looks like a big velvety ant. Funky.

Ok So I figured out what the flying insect is!
It is NOT a wasp! It’s a Clematis Borer. Part of the Clearwing Moth family. These moths are known for how closely they resemble wasps! It’s also known as the Wasp Moth! Thought you would like to know that @kushpa!

Also, they can be bad for gardens! Too bad because it really is a beautiful insect!

3 Likes

There is not a lot of difference. Both, and others similar worms will devour you Tomato plants. This post would be great in the Gardens Corner forum.

It is sad how the VA responded to Veterans these past years.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. The VA will not honor my service related disabilities even with documentation that the surgeries were done in a military hospital ! ! I became depressed as I cannot work as a result of my injuries and all they did is put me on multiple anti-depressant medicine at the same time ! I became so depressed that I was sitting with a loaded pistol ready to end my life when something struck me to put my pistol down and get help. I threw all my meds from the Psych doctor away and switched to pot instead. Am feeling MUCH better now but still dealing with the problems from my surgeries. It is really sad that they have no respect for the sacrifices that we made for our country !

Good luck on your grow.

Jerry

4 Likes

Thanks for your services and sacrifices Sir. I’ve never served in the military, but have worked for VA as a nurse, and it’s truly appalling the lack of compassion, and preferences of dollars over proper care for vets.

4 Likes

Thank You ! I understand your position more than you might know. I got out of the military and graduated from Physician Assistant school. I worked at the VA for 10+ years until I finally got sick of the lack of care by the doctors and administrators and went to private practice. Most of the doctors there were glad I left because I mae them look bad. The only ones that missed me were the veterans because I would do all I could to get them taken care of. Thank you for helping take care of our veterans.

4 Likes

Hey Texans! I grew up in San Angelo. Go “Bobcats”

2 Likes

As long as I got the twins on my side I will take the big worm on.

3 Likes

Oh GAWD, I was up late this past Saturday night, just completely BAKED on a nice, potent Sativa, and a Godzilla movie came on, I think it was the ElRey network, I can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard!! It’s the one like “Island of Monsters” or something, there’s this boy and a little Godzilla-son character about his size that talks. Godzilla was fighting a spider. And I gotta say, Godzilla throws rocks like a girl, BAHHAHHA!!!

4 Likes

I wish I could find a channel that plays the old Chiller style movies. I used to love sitting around the tube watching old b sci fi movies … 3 pm Saturday and 10:30 thriller. Remember the Crawling Eye?

1 Like

You ever try Hulu? Mainly tv but have movies too. I ditched cable and just have Internet and Hulu and Netflix think Hulu $7/month. I like the Hitchcock show and outer limits.

Yea I have both netflix and Hulu, and they’re AWESOME! I love Outer Limits and The Alfred Hitchcock Show too!! That’s my shit @Jheezy!

1 Like

Hey Yoshi, I was on a bi-pap for several years with oxygen and am now on a c-pap with oxygen. I was able to go down to c-pap because I had recently lost 150lbs! I wish you all the luck with your health and a speedy recovery!

On another note, I have been away for a few weeks so I did not know about Pigsquishy? No matter how you look at, he will be missed greatly! I thought he was a lifetime member like me? Anyway, I hope all are well, and will start a new grow in September. Talk with you later, Mike

2 Likes

Gotta love the twist ending

1 Like

My real joint is time travel lol. Every since I saw as a kid the show where the dude is on time safari and stepped on a butterfly and the future is screwed up. Man. I love it. I even watched the time travelers wife lol. Time crimes on Netflix is awesome. Not sure if it’s English but it’s time travel.

That bugger on top is a , Wasp Moth- (Melittia sp.) , it mimics a stinging insect most predators would avoid, Belonging to the - Clearwing Moth family, feed on pollen and nectar from flowers !
And I just realized that you already know that !!

1 Like

I had to do a bunch of searching through bugs to find it though haha! I could have used your knowledge when I first posted lol! Either way, it’s a very cool looking moth and I’m glad I found out what kind of moth it is.

1 Like

What happened with Pigsquishy ? I have been out of contact for a while.

1 Like