Weird things going on with my leaves

Uploading: A1914598-7F85-4A7F-BE22-1493336ABF10.jpeg…
Uploading: 9709B665-54ED-416D-8DD4-C7814D3F7461.jpeg…
Processing: CF327826-57B6-446B-BB52-E69A52AE7D4E.jpeg…
Uploading: 8AE888F4-F03F-4EF4-9F19-45021CE27E9B.jpeg…
A little backstory:
This is my second autoflower grow. My first harvest was fairly successful so I stuck with the same grow formula- 5 gallon pots with promix soil and fox farm liquid nutrients. 18/6 light schedule.
I started a small 3 plant crop right after Christmas and things were looking good until I wound up with new winter problems ie- maintaining the right temp and humidity in a basement in New York with the outside air temp hovering around 55 degrees on a good day :cold_face: I added a small space heater and dehumidifier and things were back on track.
Fast forward to last weekend and we are hit with a Nor’easter and the power is knocked out from 72 hours. Enter panic mode! I bundle up some totes and transport my girls to a place with a generator and propane heat and although not ideal, they spent a couple days in a bathroom with a grow light and some warmth. They didn’t seem to be phased by their vacation away from home but……

This week I’m noticing the leaves on one of my plants curled inward and looking all deformed. There are clear/whiteish spikes that have popped up on the defunct leaves. They almost resemble trichomes but that can’t possibly be true (or is it? I’m so new at this) I can’t seem to spot any parasites. I’m scared to spray because they will be going into flower soon and ya know, just trying to minimize the chemicals

Thanks for reading my lengthy post. Any advice would be appreciated.

wait til youe pics load 100% and then hit reply. they did not come through. Jack’s dead bug works throughout whole grow.
Don’t be afraid to use it if u see pests. Check underside of leaves. They like to hang out there. Good luck and welcome to your new happy place :blush:

1 Like

I agree, Captain Jacks is great stuff. Just if you do use it, spray at lights off or you’ll burn your plants up. Load the pictures and we’ll help more.

2 Likes

Eeek. I didn’t realize the photos didn’t load :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Appears to be nitrogen toxicity…dark waxy leaves. Are you checking your PPMs and PH or run off numbers?

2 Likes

Have you checked those white spots with a mag glass on both sides of the leaves? Possible pest??

1 Like

I checked the leaves with a jeweler’s loop and the best way I can describe it is it looks like the backside of a pore strip you would use on your nose to pull up blackheads. They’re like cloudy, waxy plugs sticking up on both top and bottom of the leaves.
I read a suggestion to try placing a white piece of paper underneath the leaves and shake the plant to see if anything falls off, looking for tiny flakes. Nothing. I took it one step further and used tape to try to pick up anything from the paper and nada. Are mites made of super glue? These things don’t come off if you try to brush them away.

I use water ph at 5.8 - 6 for my ladies and just did a flush (lots of water, nothing fancy) two nights ago and the initial runoff was low at 5.3. After sending two gallons through it was closer to 6. Should I be using a particular product to flush with? My soil is mostly coco coir and perlite.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to reply to this plant mom’s dilemma. The folks on this forum are so kind. Ya’ll are so helpful!!

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the

3 Likes

Looks like trichromes, strange to see them on such large leaves though.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! I can’t help you with your dilemma but I am curious as to what it is! Happy Growing :blush::v:

2 Likes

That’s the crazy part… They look like trichomes but it doesn’t make sense to me :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Could be caused by stress I think, fill out that support ticket that my friends posted.

Once we have more info about your grow can assist better.

I’m saving that post to use on other threads :rofl:

1 Like

I would look into the mites a little more… I’ve seen this type of damage before not sure if it was russet mites or broad mites. Im no bug expert but I would definitely scope them with something more than a loop
What makes me think this is on top of the bumps you have clawing and funky new growth.

2 Likes

I copied and pasted to my notes to hard for me to copy from the site. Had to do it in two sections to put in my notes.

Agreed, that new growth is strange looking.
Really heavy clawing.

@Dexter84 I sent your pic over to my buddy. Took me a good min to remember who it was who had the problem… anyhow he said scope your plant because he said it’s mites. This is what he said … it had him chasing nitrogen toxicity, pH issues, calcium etc. He scoped for mites on advice of a friend. He said they are extremely hard to see even with a scope. Also said do not flip to flower until they are eradicated. They like to eat Trichomes and are generally given to others through clones that were veg-ed off a flowering mother.
His advice for treatment was Green Cleaner…3 days in a row and weekly after that until your growth is back to normal.
Just passing along the info

2 Likes