Weird smell after watering

Hello everyone, today was day 3 since my plants last watering and she went from 7 1/2 cups last watering to 8 cups with todays watering. It’s been about 3-4 hours since the watering and I’ve noticed a distinct smell emanating from my tent. I haven’t had this smell once, but it doesn’t smell like rotting eggs, but it’s very distinct. I pulled my plant from my the tent to smell her and the soil, but the smell isn’t there anymore. The leaves also look pretty droopy, which is also odd because she hasn’t been droopy like this before either. Here’s a picture before watering and after. PS I moved the fan in the second photo to get the shot, it was put back in its proper spot.

2 Likes

I don’t have my smell phone on me, sorry. :rofl:

The plant looks great from here. You’ll have to do a lot better with the smell description for any help with that.

4 Likes

Yeah sorry I wasn’t sure how to really describe it lol. It smelled like mold at first, but it’s gone now. It doesn’t smell much anymore when I open the tent, but I didn’t want to jump straight to that and make me feel worse lol.

1 Like

Fill this out plus how often do you feed/water.

The 2021 Updated ILGM Suppot Ticket

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not kow, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Most time just after a watering the plant leaves do droop as they r taking on some new water weight in the leaves and has to have time to strengthen up the stems to hold them up. The smell thing can be something to do with a nutrient mix in the water. I sometimes get the smell also but it’s there then gone like right away it seems. I’ve never had it in the room smelling like u state only as I mix the mix up is when I sometimes get a rotten egg smell. Mostly seems to happen after I mix part a jacks in the water then the s.ell seems to be there

1 Like

I know having 4 plants crammed in a 32x32 with 10gallons of Coco total, I got some weird smells. I’m pretty sure @Mark0427 nailed it with the nutrients and damp medium. I haven’t fed in about a week because I’m harvesting and the day after I went to water, the smell was almost gone and all I can smell now is straight up bud. Danky, citrus, sweet, sticky bud :drooling_face:

2 Likes