Weird leaf any thoughts

Any thoughts on this leaf it grew that way I’m guessing a mutation seems to be .

1 Like

Even the node under it and on the same side didn’t even have a leaf just 2 lil thick white hairs not like on a bud thow. Then about a week ago it start a lil sprout. …idk

1 Like

That’s her lucky leaf yo. Lol

3 Likes

Sweet … thanks .

2 Likes

They grow crazy like that if they are injured while at bud stage. Probably just got mashed a bit while you were checking the plant, and grew stunted as a result

2 Likes

The little bulbs with two white hairs are female identifier thangs.

2 Likes

Most likely a pH swing caused it. Or what @Blountville said is a good assumption as well!

As long as new growth doesn’t continue to look like this, you’re fine :v:

3 Likes

I will have to start checking the pH now, I didn’t think it was a real big issue when using soil, guess I should have known

1 Like

Yea pH is extremely important when growing in both hydro or soil. Get a pH pen and start testing your water runoff, it will help your plants to thrive. :v:

2 Likes

@ktreez420 are the litmus strips accurate enough ? I have PH up and down coming tomorrow with strips and the drops with them . The PH pen I got is a POS it is stuck on 6.85 for tap water, fish tank and distilled water .

Thanks man, maybe that’s y it’s so small

2 Likes

You can make due with them, no doubt! But I would recommend trying another pH pen, because it will truly make your life so much easier when you have one. I personally have two, just to make sure the one is working correctly, and if one breaks I have a back up. I recommend the Milwaukee brand pH pen from Amazon. I bought mine at my local hydro store, but it has been amazing for me! I rarely need to calibrate it (I literally check the calibration every day I use it), and it has been very accurate.

You’re on the right track though, the pH up and down are crucial! :v:

1 Like

It’s definitely why you have a little girl and not a monster. Trust me, I started off in soil with no pH pen and quickly realized how big of a mistake that is.

Once you get pH dialed in, and nutrients on a good feeding schedule, you’ll grow healthy monsters! :v:

2 Likes

@ktreez420 thanks Milwaukee got it will get one on the way tonight . Good thing Amazon is always open . This first set up is a bit pricey but if I only get a few ounces out of it I will still be ahead of the game . Got a tent 1000 watt full spectrum led a exhaust with carbon filter a fan Fox Farm Ocean Forest for the Veg stage black gold for the seedling stage PH. up down humidity tester the quart size three pack of Fox Farm nutrients and a few odds and ends . Going to transplant into 4 gallon pots and have a TDS tester on the way . Can you think of anything else that Ineed? Thank for all the advice you guy’s give to all us newbies also this group of people is a world of knowledge.

1 Like

Do u add your pH up/ pH down to your nutrients after u mix and check

1 Like

An oscillating fan is always useful! And I’m sure I could think of a few other little things that will be helpful, so I’ll let you know for sure :v:

1 Like

Yea you want to first add nutrients to water, and check the pH. Then from there you’ll either add pH up or pH down. Do it slowly though, because sometimes a little is all you really need. You don’t want to add pH up and make the pH too high, and have to add pH down. This back and fourth isn’t good, that’s why I say to just start with a few drops and then check pH again. Hope this helps! :v:

2 Likes

One more thing to add ,let you sit 10-15 min’s after mixing your nute’s ,and you’ll get a more accurate reading . Hammer

4 Likes

@ktreez420 and @Hammer thanks again guys I was wondering about how much and when to add things and how long to wait and I have a oscillating fan that has been on for the 18 hour lighting stage . How long does the water stay good with nutrients and PH could I do like twenty gallons at a time and it last for a week or ten days or should I mix fresh daily ?

You only need to feed 2 times a week but they need plain water in between

1 Like