Week old seedlings: Is curling if the 1st of leaves normal?

Hey guys serious newbie question… I have new seedlings planted 8/26, Are the curling of the first set of leaves normal?
I am watering with nutrient enriched water, using Bergman’s seeding booster (ratio: 1/4 tsp per 1/2 gal.)
Strains:
GSC auto flower
Bruce banner auto flower
Gorilla glue auto flower

Appreciate the advice🙏
Uploading: F6E5A9AC-426F-4805-9614-325EAFB430EF.jpeg…
Processing: 269BB306-3DFE-4446-8D73-9A9FA762560C.jpeg…
Processing: A0C4FACB-83EE-4013-B3D7-82BFAF76390D.jpeg…
Processing: E9C99856-9D35-418A-A9DA-7C0727DD43F3.jpeg…
Processing: 37B72F5F-7592-4F23-BFCB-328DC36AB0F3.jpeg…
Processing: FF602657-EFCB-472A-BDA7-94FFEA30AF71.jpeg…
Processing: 997D9D82-B085-4731-B9A8-24A901DB0F4F.jpeg…

Welcome to the community.
You need to let the pictures load completely before you hit reply. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

I’ll pull up a chair right here in the front row if you dont mind the smell of skunk. I learn more when I’m high.

4 Likes

My bad…the curling leaves won’t be an issue. Maybe just a little too much water or getting used to the environment

3 Likes

I’m new to growing but I bet the experts are going to ask about your light and your watering. And what your soil is. I will tag a couple of the experts. @oldmarine.

1 Like

It would also help to know what the temperatures and humidity are

1 Like

Probably too much water.

1 Like

@Indicanna_Jones ,no worries and thank you… you are hilarious, much appreciated! :joy:
@Flitme thanks for the helpful hand.

I am using Phlizon Pro 2000W LED Grow Light.
I watered about 10hrs ago, soaked through and drained.
(Water the same about every third day, keep damp)
Planted in Flora flex 40/40 plugs

1 Like

Someone is welcome to correct me but to me that is more water than they need if they are week old.

Are these under any kind of dome?

@Low @dbrn32 @PurpNGold74 @AfgVet @kaptain3d

3 Likes

What’s the medium?

2 Likes

Right now the seedlings are in a Flora flex 40/40 plug in an incubator with lid. Humidity 70-80%, temp 72-77F

1 Like

Well that depends, i try to only give my plants 3 days worth of water at a time. However if your filling the medium with water every 3 days then yes thats definitely to much.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with flora flex but im guessing it doesn’t have any food. If that the case those babies are going to be hungry

1 Like

I agree, you are very likely watering them too much for this stage. They only need a few ml of water. You want to encourage the roots to grow. They won’t do so if the medium stays too wet. It will also cause them to damp off

3 Likes

A spray bottle with dechlorinated tap, pHed is good for newly sprouted seedlings. Three or four squirts every few days.

3 Likes

Wow, thanks :man_facepalming: Definitely sounds like, overwhelmingly, that I am over watering :joy: I ceased all watering…
Thanks again for all the advice :call_me_hand:

I use an eyedropper to water my seedlings. A few tablespoons right at the base.
I do this every other day for the first week or so. Then I move to about a jigger of water every other day or so for another week or so.

1 Like

Another newbie question on the seedlings…
One has browning on the tips and roots are showing…should they be transplanted now???
I’m using:
-drip irrigation (Flora flex).
-With organic coco.
-Watering with nutrient filled water using Bergman’s seedling boost and then Transferring the nutrients in water to the stage 2 grow time fertilizer.