Week 7 of veging

About what?

I took a lunch break. Measured my lights. I was about 18” above the canopy. Dropped it to 10”

1 Like

This is what the side of the box says for spectrum. Would this be ok? Can’t really justify or afford another light to run with this or replace this one.

1 Like

Super necessary

1 Like

Do I know you? We have some issue we need to get fixed?

@dbrn32 ^^ remember that time I asked you about the 2 week seedling thing?

Also @Myfriendis410, I’ve got 4 blue dream autos that are 5 weeks today from the seeds cracking and are MUCH further along than that. I’m curious of his light just isn’t strong enough? I’m a noob so I don’t know. But I do know, that I’ve got about 10x the vegetative growth on mine and 2 of them are 2 weeks into flower and the other are 1 week into flower.

Most plants will flower earlier than 7 weeks. That doesn’t really have anything to do with being large enough to justify flowering a photoperiod plant though. I flip my plants 30-35 days from sprouting and they still nearly outgrow my tent. My methods and equipment are probably just a little more dialed in and produce faster plant growth. In 14 days my plants typically have multiple nodes and definitely far from being considered seedlings. This period absolutely counts towards plant maturity. But, just because a plant may be mature enough to flower doesn’t mean it’s in every growers best interest to move them to flower.

4 Likes

They will flower and do you some justice. Keep the lights close to your canopy, keep the canopy level to capture the light effectively.
Keep us posted on your progress.
Being a photoperiod plant you and flip them within a reasonably period. Run your light 18x6 until they’re ready.

1 Like

This lady has quite a few tops. Would you suggest Lst or another topping to keep the plant canopy level? As I understand it, more tops=more yield but does that also require more maintenance and nutrients/watering? I’m super new at this, and y’all on this forum have rocked my world with knowledge :pray:. :blush: as I’ve said before she won’t end up getting very tall. 39” max. I have 8’ ceilings and a pretty wide grow space. No tent. White sheets hung and reflective bubble wrap. Redneck recognize lol

Hey @Spinnemyke you can use lst some tie downs to train the tops to spread out the canopy. When you go to flower 12x12 lights you’ll see them girls do the stretch to set nods for buds. Once they do the final stretch you’ll have about 6-8 weeks of flower.
You can use trellis to train them with tuck and run technic.
Keep your nutrients to a minimum while using CFL’s. Feeding is based on DLI as you will need photon flux to power photosynthesis.

1 Like

Hey @Spinnemyke your grow reminds me of my path to growing.
Here’s a nice article on growing with CFL’s.
One thing I took from this article is that your bulbs last about one grow then fade in intensity.
When you get ready to go to a higher output light check here for some suggestions on what you might fit you needs.
LED horticulture lighting is really affordable and once your CFL’s usage gets to 250watts it’s time to consider.

1 Like

You do you keyboard ninja

1 Like

Ignore the troll. Like someone else said, we all look out and help each other here, he’s literally the only person I’ve seen on this forum acting like that. Anyway, it’s ur first grow like u said so ur next will be better. U can def still let this veg some more tho before flipping it. It’s not like u did a bad job at all, it’s just a low yielder from the looks of it right now @Spinnemyke

5 Likes

What are your thoughts on this little set up? Maybe different light? Money is my hang up in getting a better light.

3 Likes

Look at the HLG 200 diablo and use the code DUDE maybe right around your price range. That light isn’t gonna cut it come flower time. A reasonable tent for a decent price is Mars Hydro. I believe most that get the Diablo are in 2x2 as instructed by HLG on their page.

Dimmable 200 Watts
Voltage Range 120-277 VAC
LED White + Deep Red
Veg Footprint 4’ x 4’
Recommended Flower Footprint 2’ x 2’
4 Likes

Hey @Spinnemyke
Look for a LED light with Samsung LM301 diodes.
The HLG 200 is a good choice as mentioned by @Highwayman420

Also look at this one more in your price range should work well.
Limited-time deal: 2022 Update Diode SPIDER FARMER SF1000D LED Grow Light Use with Samsung LM301B Sunlike Full Spectrum Grow Lights for Indoor Plants Seeding Veg Flower Growing Lamps 3000K 5000K 660nm 760nm IR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084L1Y7KR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_dl_K784YGTNM8MCN109V3H8

@Spinnemyke Not sure how much ur looking to spend

I grew some fire GSC Extreme auto in this tent and got some GG4 going now that looks like it’s gonna be even better than the GSC. This kit will give u everything u need besides soil and nutrients and genetics

3 Likes

Got a tent and some accessories coming. Thank you all for your suggestions and insights. The girls are happy and healthy.

6 Likes

Looking healthy. Dont be afraid to veg hard. When flip you will have more budsites and just remove all not going to produce. I personally like a heavy veg then i shape them if no lst. This clone will transfer to a 20 and ill flip her at 2 times this height. Ill have about 20" left for lights. Then get to have fun picking and choosing colas. Just me. Million ways. This is in Earth Dust.

3 Likes

Got the same kit for my first tent…lol yes i have multiple tents now and yes…I have an addiction to growing.

4 Likes