Week 7 of veging

I’m approaching week 7 on my mango crack photos. They are supposed to reach a max height of 39 inches, right now they are at 10 inches tall. Kind of a stubby plant. Question is, do they look ready to flower. I understand it’s growers preference. Would any of you flower now? Wait a couple more weeks? One of my plants has 12 tops and one only has 4.

6 Likes

Let them grow more to small for flowering

5 Likes

They are looking healthy to me. What size is your space? What’s you light output?
You can start them now or I’d turn the lights to max for one more week and let them get some more weight.

3 Likes

That’s week 7 ? Lmfao

2 Likes

Week 7 from planting? Gotta count first two weeks as seedling. Veg would be more like 5 weeks.

6 Likes

@Spinnemyke , agreed, we need more info on the space you have for flower and your expectations for yield.

2 Likes

Me, I would give them more time. I would want the new growth tips where topped to get at least 3 - 4 nodes and also leveled off.

1 Like

If you have the space I would give it a little more time.

I have a decent enough grow space. Lights are the cfl’s the max height for these plants is right around 39inches.

1 Like

I planted them on December 16. I’m counting that day as the start. Lola lie I should be counting a little different. My first grow, so I’ve done a lot of things wrong. Next plants will be a little different.

That makes sense. I’ve been wondering if I was counting wrong. They really don’t look like a week 7 plant to me.

Hey @Spinnemyke
I’d more your lights to about 12 inches to plant canopy and monitor. With CFL need to be closer to the plant, I think without knowing their output wattage, to achieve maximum

The Grow Light Distance Chart For CFLs and T5s

• 20-50-watt CFL grow bulbs: 1-2″ above marijuana plant canopy
  • 55-100-watt CFL grow bulbs: 2-4″ above marijuana plant canopy
  • 150-250-watt T5 grow lights: 4-10″ above marijuana plant canopy
  • 300-watt HO T5 grow lights: 10-16″ above marijuana plant canopy
2 Likes

If you could add some far red and UVA spectrum during flower and try 10-12” from canopy you might be surprised.

Carambola 1000W LED Grow Light - Full Red FR Spectrum w/UV for Indoor Plants Flower Booster https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086W8K1YZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_AF24JH8BJSTTQABRY2H6?psc=1

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think so.

1 Like

You have an issue?

Was that comment necessary? We all try to help each other out in this community. We were all new once…remember.

3 Likes

About what?

I took a lunch break. Measured my lights. I was about 18” above the canopy. Dropped it to 10”

1 Like

This is what the side of the box says for spectrum. Would this be ok? Can’t really justify or afford another light to run with this or replace this one.

1 Like