Week 7– Indoor Autofem, no buds, sticky resin

Hi. I have 4 auto fem Haze XL indoor plants ranging from 12 to 17”. I have no trichomes, listless, sticky resin or buds on any of them. They appear to be relatively healthy but nothing… Any ideas?

1 Like

Changing to a 12/12 schedule will induce flowering, even if it’s an auto. If you and your lady are ready to make sweet sweet buds send her to bed early.

Pics and more info would help as well.

1 Like

Pictures would give the community a better perspective :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Some auto flower genetics haven’t been fully converted to a true auto flower. Some still require a light cycle fix.

Ive seen people who will have them flower on a 24/0 cycle, 18/6, 14/10. Then I’ve seen ones where keeping it on an 18/6 cycle will not induce flowering until lowered to a 12/12 for them to begin.

1 Like

Could you please fill this out so the pros can have some more info.

How much did your light cost?

I bought 4 led growing lamps at 9 dollars a piece from Amazon.

My opinion is your problem with the plants is lack of adequate light. Download the Photone app on your phone and measure the PPFD and DLI. If you’re using IOS you’ll need to tape a strip of paper over your lens to act as a diffuser. Android you don’t.

PPFD stands for photosynthetic photon flux density. It’s the measure of light plants can use in that spot at that moment. DLI stands for Daily Light Integral, which is the total usable light your plant will receive over the course of the day.

For autos running on an 18 on 6 off lighting schedule you need a PPFD around 800 to get a DLI of 50. See chart below:

Screen-Shot-2018-12-28-at-11.19.14-AM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but $36 worth of lights ain’t going to get the job done. I suggest you hit the following thread for more info.

Start using DLI

When you’re comfortable that you have a better understanding of light needs, check Horicultural Lighting Group dot com (remove spaces). Expect to pay hundreds. I strongly recommend doing some research here before spending any more money. Don’t trust anything you read on Amazon.