Week 6 of flower. Should i keep increasing light intensity?

I am in week 6 I have had much bigger buds by this time. I have now lowered my lights try to create a little more intensity I’m using full spectrum thousand watt and a couple of blue indoor grow bulbs a 75 W. The bulbs generate a lot of heat so I’m using a fan of cross the top and an oscillating fan. just not seeing any significant fattening. is increasing intensity at this stage a good thing or a bad? seeking some advice. This is a really good forum and has been very helpful to me as I’ve only been growing for about 3 years now so I still feel like a rookie in some aspects LOL
And yes I know my leaf discoloration top doesn’t look good had a flooding accident wasn’t paying attention to my drip water system and flooded the plants about the second week of flower. Most of the leaves turned yellow but she still flowered. Bruce Banner

2 Likes

Little closer to one f the tops

1 Like

Do you know what your ppfd and dli are? At 6 weeks you can go up with intensity or bring the lights closer to the plant. Just make sure you don’t burn up the flowers with heat and that your numbers are in range. Normally around 6 or 7 weeks you sort of begin to taper down, but if you aren’t giving the plant what it wants or needs, going up some won’t hurt.

2 Likes

Good advice. Was kinda thinking in that direction. Thanks

1 Like

I think those look really good for 6 weeks. More light surely can’t hurt. Here’s mine at 6 weeks of 12/12 today.

1 Like

Screen-Shot-2018-12-28-at-11.19.14-AM (2)

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I just found my copy of that chart.

Around day 56 12/12 I will start backing off. It depends on light levels though.

Yellow leaves - flooding?
Did you feed them adequately following this incident. It looks hungry to me.

Looks really good and filling up nicely!!

Hey thanks for that chart that’s good information. I waited about three days after the flooding 2 try and let the soil dry a bit