Week 3 flower - grew too tall, getting fried

@CooterJuice - oh yeah!, didn’t think of that! thanks, I’ll adjust now

1 Like

Thanks, man…I am getting my brain geared up to start a small grow of just two (maybe three) plants.
Growing my normal 6 - 8 plants just leaves me with way to much weed laying around and ultimately going to waste.

3 Likes

I’m in :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I used electrical heat shrink tubing

easy does it. very easy to crush the stem more than you want / need too.

5 Likes

That is the idea…works really well. As you say, must be careful not to get carried away and squeeze too hard. LOL

4 Likes

@Deepsix beauties… so you trim almost to lollipop? looks like some serious buds

1 Like

Thank you. This is the first growing a Fem Photo I was as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof when I did this trimming. I have been growing auto’s for the past 2 years.

2 Likes

@merlin44 I’m new to growing, but not new to mary… why not get a magic butter machine and make extracts? I tried doing that that bottom shelf, that/s the ticket… can even take an alcohol based RSO and leave to evaporate down to just a powder, powder from hell!

1 Like

My plants I have to train to grow horizontal. Especially Sativa dominants.

My Sativas tend to be between 7’ to 8’ tall.
Up to 8’ wide. I love the challenges that comes with growing Super Monsters indoors.

My Indicas hit 3’ to 6’ indoors.

I rarely train. I had to learn to grow horizontal due to the heights Sativas can achieve. I have started recently dropping like over 1’ off the bottom so watering is easier. Outside that, I will pull down gently and paracord and zip tie in place.

When the flowers have enough weight on that branch, I releases. Usually takes a couple of weeks.

But with how short your tent is Super Crop is the way to go.

2 Likes

I have made edibles, RSO and whatnot but prefer to just use my vape. I use about 1.5 - 2 LBS per year and my main room can produce nearly 6 LBS every 4 months. My growing capacity vastly exceeds my needs. I have another full sized room (8X8 tent) that is fully outfitted but just sits idle. My starter tent (4X8) is cheaper to run until I pot up to 10 gal. fabric pots so it gets used for a month or so each grow.

A couple of years back I was giving my excess to a group that was distributing to veterans (they are no longer doing that) and I still give a pound or two away each year.

I maintain a low profile so am very selective who I give it to.

5 Likes

@merlin44 I wish I could give more likes for helping Veterans. So here you go…:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

One caveat is if you have THC in your system, all pain meds will me stopped. Also Cannabis use goes into your medical file. Not like the VA will give pain meds. They wouldn’t for me so my Doctors said the only pain treatment I will get is using marijuana. Sad they make us to be criminals. :pensive::pensive::relaxed:

5 Likes

I am a Navy vet (submarine service - EM1 (SS)) from the 1970’s and have a strong connection to vets that need assistance. I am and have been very fortunate and try my best to give back in several small ways.

Thank you for your service @MrPeat and to all of the other veterans on the board and elswhere.

6 Likes

@merlin44 Right back at you. I am adding a 2nd tent this Fall. I want one dedicated to Indicas and Sativas while the other for Autos and CBD’s.
:+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

@merlin44 that’s awesome and thanks for your service, (bow). Can’t imagine the bs you all had to endure and keep enduring. Your gift to them likely eased much suffering. Wish this system could give an award, all vets deserve it.

2 Likes

Thanks, man…To be honest, it was fairly manageable. Civilians could be a bit rough on military folks back then as the military was not very popular due to a particularly unpopular conflict in SE Asia. We just kept our heads down and avoided civilian conflict as much as possible.

4 Likes

Looks like a good time to upgrade the tent to a 4x4.

You don’t want to know what they do to us. I would be a multimillionaire if I could sue for medical malpractice. It took 20 years to get a MRI done. Its getting better but not fast enough. I’m not sue happy.

2 Likes

@MrPeat - yeah I somewhat familiar, enough to be ashamed/disgusted honestly. I’m a former teacher, we took our abuse, but never got shot at! I hear 6th graders packin now tho, lol.

I think the tent is a 4x4 or maybe a 4x3? I’ll check… ya, need bigger tent. Have a good one.

2 Likes

@MrPeat I was wrong, only a 2 ft tent, on my Christmas list!.. MARS HYDRO Grow Tent Kit Complete 2.3x2.3ft TS1000W Dimmable LED Grow Light Full Specturm Indoor Grow Tent Complete System, 27"x27"x63"

1 Like

Super crop asap!
Perfect time to learn. It’s needed and you can’t make it any worse at this point. They are over the light. Check out some youtbe on “how to super crop” it is no where near as hard as it seems just make sure the membrane 'aka stalk" is soft before you bend so it bends and dosen’t snap…

1 Like

@1HappyPappy thank you, I did a bunch of of supercropping yesterday and thinned it out. Fingers crossed no branches broke too much. IDK? I’ll update in a week or so, shes looking like sunshine in a bag!

3 Likes