Week 2 Flower Scrog Implementation

You can see on these i only tuck too get light to the every new branches i can get if branches don’t reach then i trim that branch off

3 Likes

I been reading a lot of studues since i last posted this is what ive gathered: one study basically said that any leave thT receives under 200 umol is basically an energy suck, when it comes to indoor lighting. However, in general, the fan leaves are the powerplant and energy reserves for the plant. The bud itself absorbs very little light. If theres any correlation between light and bud development it might be truchome development but thats theory as of right now and not fact. Even so, it would be more beneficial to defol in late flower.

Fan/sugar leaves closest to the bud may be most critical to that bud.

Plants have a specific way of knowing how they grow through the use of a bunch of things i already forget the names of…auxins(?] being one of them.

So its very possible the plant is growing bigger buds where light intensity is greatest and people are confusing that for light intensity on actual buds.

It also stands to reason that trimming at any point in the vegetative state is more harmful than good, unless humidity issues are a concern. But plants have a natural way of defoliating themselves, which is why leaves at the bottom can turn yellow, which is the plant draining that energy reserve until the leaf dies.

In any case im going to hold off on the defoling for awhile and let my plants beef up. If the plant wants more and bigger leaves, then she knows whats best.

Im trying to understand the science of it all so i can use my logic to figure out the best everything can possibly be…so many conflicting theories. If we knew the exacts of everything, ww could really hone in on perfection.

I get what youre saying though…expercience is the best teacher.

1 Like

This is my current canopy

2 Likes

I usually start at top of plants removing top leaves from each stem. Then I’ll go back around and move next highest leaves until i’m satisfied i have good airflow through canopy and light getting into lowers, or i just get bored with it.

1 Like

Ahhh yes…air flow. Im going to need to defol for air flow at a minimum. Because i scrogged them so late, there are bud sites burried…wasnt even thinking about mold issues. Definitely going to have to defol them some

Btw i am probably buying the usa mix pack tomorrow. Have you tried those strains, and what are your opinions on them, if you dont mind me asking

Just the Maui, i like it. Tdubwilly is no longer with us, but the nyc diesel was one of his favorites. So probably a safe buy.

1 Like

Just figured id post an update…about 3.5 weeks into flower and the widow is already starting to sugar up. Not even any bud yet, its on the leaves lol

They are battling it out for light. Been about 4 or 5 days (i think) since i trimmed or tucked anything. I will eventually to a small degree though, just bc with both those lights the heat and humidity is kicking. The spiderfarmer ballast is outside the tent tho, so thats nice.

The sugar

Overall shots

1 Like

Maybe its the scrog, maybe its the ilgm genetics, or maybe its the new light…im guessing some of each, but this is definitely going to be a new personal record haul. There are buds everywhere. Everytime i move a branch, theres more hiding below or behind it. Actually kind of worried about mold bc theres so many buds pushed up against eachother but theres nothing i can really do, except marvel at it.

@ExoFly It will be fine just have air movement around

1 Like

Yup got the fans blowing from underneath.

@dbrn32 im filing an official complaint. I did not get a sticker with the seeds that arrived today lol

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:t3: sorry! I’d give you mine but came with 2 big creases. All official complaints need to go to customer service. Maybe they will make sure not to run out.

1 Like

Haha im just messing. Although im definitely going to ask for 2 in my next order to make up for it :joy:

I cant wait to get these girls germinated.

1 Like

I have a question about smell vs potency. These girls will be starting week 6 flower on friday. My last 2 grows i thought i remembered the overwhelming smell throughout the house, by this point in the grow. These girls smell great, and just brushing up against some leaves can have your hand smelling strong for hours, but the smell is not as aggressive overall. Does that mean lower potency? Its ilgm white widow, ak47, and bubblegum.

1 Like

Not really, but depends on how define potency. Scent is typically from terpenes. The terpenes aren’t really what get you high, but they could definitely work in conjunction with other cannabinoids to amplify your experience. From this perspective everyone is a little different. Some could be much more or less sensitive to specific terpenes than others.

Ever had something a friend thought was the best ever but it didn’t really impress you? This likely because your friends body was more receptive to the terpene profile than you. It’s the same reason you could get ripped from something like 16% thc and not really be phased by another that is 20% thc. The thc in cannabis can have different effects for individuals solely based on terpene profile or cannabinoids other than thc. So a stroger scent could mean a more intense buzz or it could mean nothing at all.

2 Likes

Spoken like a true Elf. They will tell you both yes and no…:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Yes Hobbit running in background.

2 Likes

I guess i meant if you graded potency by simple measure of thc content, the intensity of smell probably wouldn’t matter much. But if you graded potency based on what you feel, a change in smell could make you feel like it’s more or less potent based on intensity of smell.

2 Likes

I get what youre saying…makes sense. I tend to like the opposite of what everyone i know likes. Im very sensitive to sativas.

1 Like

@ExoFly you can also get use to the smell and you don’t smell it much but let someone that has not been around and it hit them like a brick they also loss some of the smell when they get close to the end

1 Like