Weedpatch the Weedville anex for those who want to be closer to nature

@Sasquatch no gypsum in any of my local stores or nursery. The owner of the nursery said they haven’t carried it in years (commonly used to break down clay soils) as there are “better” alternatives now plus it came in 40 pound bags.
She wanted to know why I asked about it … not sure she bought it that I read online how much it helped tomatoes :tomato: grow heavier fruit :joy: I sure wasn’t going to mention the real reason!!!

2 Likes

I think your reasoning was correct! Heavier Fruit!
I would think they would carry it around here. we have more clay than soil

2 Likes

Good Morning Weedpatch! and the old guy in the corner @garrigan62 looking for his spiked choker

3 Likes

Tuesdays here my friend @Sasquatch…good morning…got my teas yesterday, now if it will stay dry for a while we will feed them some…they need some sun now…

2 Likes

I got the notice it was shipped… guess I need to look in the mailbox!
I heard yesterday that we have had 3 times the normal rain fall for month of May already!!!
I think my pots may have dried out a little bit yesterday…

1 Like

I have my 20 gallon pot ready and waiting, my little plant is almost ready to move into its new home, it’s gonna look funny in that big ole pot but I guess not as funny as in the big ole earth! I’m gonna do the full on nftg’s! Gonna do it by the letter…and also after you get the email with the tracking# it takes only a few days…

1 Like

@SmoknGranny, a lot of places don’t carry it so much anymore for some reason, we have a local hardware store that’s been in business for 125 years that still carry it and a lot of other things hard to find else where…

2 Likes

You ever use thrive? @garrigan62 uses it. they sell it at walmart of all places

1 Like

No I’ve never tried it unless it’s called something else, what’s it used for @Sasquatch?

https://www.amazon.com/SUPERthrive-VI30131-Plant-Vitamin-Solution/dp/B004JKA4SA?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

I’m going to feed today… should be dry enough. Gota water the garden too before the sun gets over the mountain and heats it up @Sittingbull64

1 Like

Got ya, works like gypsum, but with more vitamins…and it weights a lot less lol…I will definitely look into this because it helps breaking up clay which I have plenty, one way I do it is dig my holes 5 times bigger than I need and fill with good soil…also every time I find earth worms I put them in my garden…best little earth tenders in the world…

2 Likes

I fed Sunday, ground was still wet but my soil in the holes were pretty dry…one reason I like using the ff soil, a few of my limbs on my Bruce banner broke off from the weigh of the rain, so I am dreading when they get buds on them…gonna have to build a trellis around them

1 Like

I heard that… I went to see about getting a clone off my Flower Power girl yesterday. I could not find that little spidly limb at the bottm. It did no exist ! all the lower branches on that plant have other limbs and tons of leaves on them! so I took one off the super soil grow… heat almost did it in … got all wilty .
But it bounced back. I’m using flower power start with it instead of just water. They say its good for clones, promotes root growth.

1 Like

@Sittingbull64 @Sasquatch I’m heading your way fellas

3 Likes

Which way are you going @Hogmaster

1 Like

Eastcost from Midwest @BIGE

1 Like

i’ll wave when you go by!

2 Likes

Staying in Tennessee somewhere tonight

4 Likes

@Sittingbull64 & @Sasquatch I have Thrive and If it’s works the same or better than gypsum then I won’t waste time and gas trying to hunt down gypsum. I’m just not sure how often to use it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
@Hogmaster If you meet up with these guys please post pics :grin: and safe journey :hugs:

3 Likes