Weed stocks. Have em? Want em?

@dbrn32 Canopy was supposed to report today do you know if it was good news? Did they beat expectations?

1 Like

I sold mine just over $50 last week, so donā€™t get alerts anymore. But looked like they were releasing earnings data at 8:15pm Eastern

My stock dude just called and said he is going to put some of our money into Cron and Cgc. Should be interesting to see how this goes. I can tell you he has blown away our expectations on returns since we starting using him 2 years ago.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a little late cronos, but still can be some cash made. Canopy I feel like will have to do something here eventually.

2 Likes

Canopy has a lot of things starting this year alone should really get the stock moving.
1st is Hemp Production in New York Being able to grow hemp on a comercial lvl in the us is going to be huge.

2nd The other thing in the news report that Martha Stewart has entered into a deal with Canopy Growth to make a CBD product line.

So with them having a hemp farm and entering into a business deal with Martha Stewart should be a really good year for canopy. I am targeting it to reach at least 60 and as they start to refine there legal cannabis market.

3 Likes

I bought it at $16 ā€¦ LOL doing nicely!

2 Likes

This is a old thread but i feel some of us still follow it. I was watching Mad Money and Canopy and Acreage holds were on and Canopy says it will have a drink on the shelfs buy the end of q4 so the end of the years. Remember Canopy has a 4 billion dollars stake in it from Constellation brands the people who make Corona Modelo so they will make the drink for canopy so if they get there cbd or thc beers on the shelfs by the end of the year along with the farm bill that will help Canopy and acreage holding get hemp on the markets in New york. I am going to say i see CGC hitting the 60s later this year at least 65.

4 Likes

Pot stocks fell lately because these companies are still not as profitable as they would like. But after Jim Crammers Interviews CGC went up in after hours trades up at least a dollar on this news so we might see a run today.

3 Likes

I would agree with you on Canopy / Acreage. I did not buy them as I felt I already had exposure thru my Constellation investment. Love the big money invested into them and being a first mover would establish their brand in the drinks market. Everything is down right now.

With the market down the way it is right now, there are a few Pot stocks that are worth taking a shot at.
I currently have 7 companies. GWPH is my big winner. Started in 2014 and love trading this stock. Making me great profits 4 of the 5 years and still going strong. I would recommend this one a BUY right now in the low 170ā€™s.

GWPH - 1st and only cannabis plant-derived medicine approved by FDA (Epidiolex). Just started selling in October and sales on fire. Will go up and thru $200 this year - or be bought out by Big Pharma

Here are a few others to consider.
CRON - Big tobacco bought in last December at $12.25. Sitting at $14 right now.
CWBHF - Charlotteā€™s Web worldā€™s leading CBD brand by market share. Looks great at $13.
FSDDF - Take a shot below $14. Canadian indoor grow in former Kraft plant. Deals & Dreaming big.
MMNFF - Med Men , MSO wants to be the ā€œApple store of Weedā€. Sitting at all time low.

Marlboro backing chronic :wink: deep pockets, canopy getting edibles etcā€¦ :cupid: this forum. Been looking for ILGM TICKER? Seed banksā€¦

1 Like

I can tell you what stock NOT to buyā€¦INSYā€¦I bought at $10 ā€¦:grimacing:

2 Likes

We all have at least one of those. I tripled up on Tilray to lower my position when it was around 50. It will be a red spot on my sheet for a long long time.

4 Likes

If you play the market you will have losers and winners. People always talk about the winners and you never hear about the losers. Back in 2014 I invested in a small company TRTC. Made some quick money, so I doubled down on the winner and saw the stock go from $6 to $1. I still have shares of this POS today at .60. Has been in the red for years now. I currently have a ā€œbasketā€ of 7 stocks in the cannabis sector with only 3 in the green but overall I have done great thanks to my large position in GWPH.

2 Likes

A lot of truth in that! I made solid coin on canopy and chronos, but losses on tilray have me about even. Same idea, I havenā€™t really lost anything as long as Iā€™m still holding it. Outlook pretty grim though. Doing way better outside of cannabis sector than Iā€™ve done in it, thatā€™s for sure.

1 Like

Hey @dbrn32 got my taxes back. Got burnt, like everybody else. What do you think GWPH or Ford?

Youā€™re too late to get in on gwph in my opinion. It will likely bounce around some on 5-10% swings up and down without major news. If itā€™s really a company you want to get into gwph, wait to buy on bad news or something. Their posted earnings ar almost -$9 per share, that canā€™t go on forever. Being only 10% off their 52 week high, seems a little rich for my blood.

Ford in my opinion lacks homerun status, but at least is paying out solid dividends. Set to reinvest, 1000 shares is paying out about 16 shares a quarter. I think I would watch what happens with these tariffs too. Price already attractive to me, but you may be able to catch a little lower

1 Like

Thanks man @dbrn32 really looking to get in on a pot stock. Got a few tax dollars tp perhaps put to some use. Appreciated man

1 Like

I would watch some that are cheaper to get into to that are making moves. Watch gtbif maybe. If Iā€™m not mistaken, they recently bought pharma cann, who has large presence in Illinois and New York. Illinois just passed bill that would allow recreational weed 1/1/2020. New York may be a bit, but theyā€™ll be the most liberal state without recreational. In my opinion, just a matter of time.

1 Like