So, have been using the wedryer xl for my last few runs, and it’s always worked great for me. However, after this previous harvest, this past Saturday, the humidity has stayed pretty high, causing me to open it up, move buds around, try to promote air circulation, etc. All that said, with everything I’ve done, I’m still sitting around 80% humidity, which I do not like. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this, and if so, what did you do to remedy it?
I have a small dehu in mine to get it down and then turn it off.
Interesting. Lately Lots of other wedryer owners are saying they dry too fast, and needed humidity, or some such. Im sure its all relative to the room the sack is hanging in. Fresh cut will steam at 70-80rh% in the first 24+hrs, so the room needs to be at least 50% .
I wanted one of these, but have been using a cardboard box with perfect results (yet annoying to keep different strains separated).
Maybe push the Temp upwards some to see if humidity will drop
I dont even use mine anymore. Too finicky. Just use a 2x2 tent now.
I was able to drop the humidity in the room the dryer is in, hopefully that will handle it for now. Just caught me off guard when I noticed it, as I’ve had great success with the wedryer in the past. It’s basically been set it and forget it for me, but I’m certainly glad I checked this time.
I love it and just adjust pull time. High humidity will just slow it down as it has constant airflow not stagnant. Very low humidity here and i pull early. 4-5 days. Will shoot up in jar and if over 68 or 70 i bag in paper sack a day. They ARE finicky but once you get the feel they rock.
Guickest way to recover may well be to remove some buds from the stems, and get the stems out of the WeDryer. The stems hold a lot of moisture.
Yep, lesson learned on that one. My last run, I wet trimmed everything, and then used the dryer, but felt that it dried too quickly. So this time I elected for the dry trim, basically stuffing whole branches in the dryer, thinking that would slow it down. Well, it definitely did that, but to a degree I didn’t want lol. Though that’s pretty much the whole issue. The buds themselves are getting slightly crispy on the outside, so need to sweat them out anyhow, but the stems are just as green as the day I put them in. So I’ll cut the buds off later, get the stems out, and probably jar the buds up to let them sweat. My next question would be should I final trim before sweating, or leave the sugar leaves on until that’s finished too? Or will it even make a difference at this point?
Also use the wedryer. First run dried in about 10 days. Had quite a bit of stem and leaves in there with it. Never was able to get my humility below 65. Went ahead and bagged in my large grove bag (half full). I have a monitor in the bag. Still hasn’t dropped a lot but no mold and the buds feel ok.
On my second run, i put a small dehumidifier in the room. I hang my dryer in a spare bedroom. The room humidity is now steady at 59%. The two monitors I have in my dryer is showing around 65% so far but only in there for 2 days.
I did reduce the amount of stems on the second run.
I live in southern US coastal area. High humidity is an everyday event.
Live and learn with lots of mistakes.
I pluck all big fans and go in stems and all. 2 days later i remove stems and back in. 3-4 later I am out and in bags or jars with a meter. Always close enough to finish well with either a paper sack a day or burping. Very low humidity here most times.
Oh yeah, I’ve made plenty of mistakes on my journey here, but I’m happy to report that I didn’t screw anything up, and everything is currently drying on schedule again. I ended up cutting off all the stems and did a final trim, then stuffed it all into a giant jar to sweat for a couple days. Now it’s back in the dryer for a day or two, and all looks well. The buds got pretty soft during the sweat, so looking forward to them crisping back up. All in all though, I’m very happy, and this has been my best harvest yet, in terms of quality. Plus, the kief was incredible, these plants were loaded with trichs, and had a huge pile at the end.
All went well, and now everything is bagged up and packed away for curing. I probably lost a little of the smell during my screwups, but these are hands down the best buds I’ve ever produced. I’m like a proud papa. It’s the first time it’s legit comparable to what my buddies get at the dispensary.