Just a quick update:
I cut my seed branch down and all looked well up until the last 1/8th of the branch. I found the issue again at the point where the bud stem meets the main branch. Kinda like how it looked when I had that bit drying and I found the towards the top of the branch (top was hanging upside down). Now since I’m after the seeds I didn’t trash it, I just did a clean off and a water/peroxide bath. Buuuut, since there are two plants I went looking and sure enough, I found a small patch and had to cut another piece out.
I have two small fans (one just added), my 440CFM exhaust fan that’s on 24/7, and the intake near an AC vent. I’ve never had this issue before on my previous grows so I can’t tell if something has been introduced that I’m just chasing or if the environment has changed.
I’m just thinking out loud here until I figure this out, but maybe the lights are the cause…by accident. This is my first full grow with my 4 QBs and my nugs feel like golf balls. At the tops, they are all packed in there forming a sweet cola and while this would normally be a cause for joy, it may be the cause of lack of air flow. I went in and moved the buds a bit. I also ordered a black light flashlight. This is supposed to let me find the mold a little easier by illuminating it. Found that while googling the issue…that will be here tomorrow so this should be interesting.
- So, yes there is definitely a tangible issue.
- I need to stay on top of if it this grow.
- Find preventative for next grow. Maybe a spray or something I can add before flower kicks in.