Weak stem any suggestions

Hey guys so I got a plant that is just really weak at the bottom of stem just wont stand up but is still growing slowly. They are only 19 days old so any advice to strengthen it up a little?

If u can repot into something bigger and bury the stem more.

1 Like

I still have room in what it’s in to add soil think I should do that?

Well went to add soil realized it was broke off some how gonna try something and see if grows some roots what a devastating moment :expressionless:

1 Like

Hmm that sucks, u can try get it to root…

Any suggestions?

How about some pictures? If overwatered the stem will rot and the plant will do that. If inadequate lighting the stem will be weak and falls over readily. Airflow across the plant once it’s out of the dome.

FYI at 19 days old my plants have already been repotted due to being completely root bound in a Solo cup. So really pictures in natural light would be very helpful.

2 Likes

Stake it?

When I try to add pics it dont show up just puts a link of some sort any help?

1 Like

You have to wait until the image uploads and populates the screen before hitting reply. You need to wait a bit longer.

1 Like

These are mine at 19 days. I had them under a vivosun 1000w with 145w power draw.Been like three days under the vispar spectra 1000w with 645w power draw. Different strains in organic seedling mix .03.06.03. They need a boost sounds like to me.

Will be repotting the rest at some point today

Any feedback?

1 Like

The grow area looks nice, gonna have a Forrest in there soon!! The week stems as said above is prolly a combo , either Too much water too close to stem… I always water atleast 2-3 in away from young seedlings stems untill they get a bit bigger for this exact reason, had the same issue a few times, then I water normally, if it broke, just keep it in the soil and it should be ok…hopefully…

1 Like

Do you have some fans inside the grow space to move air around? That is pretty important for building stem strength. Later in flower lots of airflow to avoid white powdery mildew and bud rot. Two things you do NOT want to deal with.

Be cautious in watering small plants and ones that have not yet grown into their pot. Those little ones look awfully wet.

This has nutes in it. Wait until leaves start to lighten up a shade before introducing nutes. I’m assuming you will be planting into larger pots of soil before you would need to supplement.

I’m transplanting all to bigger bags now I sprayed all the small ones with spray bottle earlier so stays together during transplanting. I have 8 inch fan on top of filter that blows straight up and comes down moves decwn th amount of air around plus 1 little fan but gonna invest in wall fan shortly.

2 Likes

Putting a fan directly on the plant to move leaves around is best. That will stress the stem and the plant will beef it up to withstand the air flow.

1 Like

Ok awesome will 2 plus the 8 inch fan be to much?

1 Like

Maybe when they are little but you will have to judge. You literally cannot have too much airflow in late flower. If you are in a damp climate plan on a dehumidifier. (That can also increase THC production)

1 Like