We have a first timer

Processing: CD8E45EA-5DD5-42DE-A785-EAEBD5424561.jpeg…

You posted before pic finished loading it looks like

That light above will meet your expectations and do your yield and quality of smoke much better than the Vivosun

1 Like

Welcome @Sasquatch69!

I bought the exact same setup when I started. I mean the “exact” setup. Vivosun everything, same soil, nutes, etc. I ended up buying a 2nd of the same light because one wasn’t cutting it. By the time I finished my 2nd run, I ditched all of it and started over with much better equipment and success. I could afford to start over though and know it’s not always an option. I would say at some point, you would want to save for a better light if anything. If you ever have a question on this run please feel free to tag me. I can also tag you in that journal if you want. I haven’t added anything to it in a long time but it might have helpful info I’m there. I ask lots of questions and there is loads of info in there. Good luck and enjoy it first and foremost!

1 Like

@Calizona @Mr_Wormwood yea, that’s my fault… I’m learning the ins and outs of forums as I go. I literally woke up one morning and thought, I love it, she needs it, and loves it so why not? That set up is one of the first things I found to lay the groundwork for my future hobby! I’m obsessed with every part of learning more about this, so it makes my appreciation for buds more deep! I wanna do it right…

2 Likes

Sounds like you are definitely on the right path. This forum is just about the best place to find great info and even greater people. Don’t be afraid to ask questions no matter how mundane they may sound to you. We all started somewhere but I started here and consider this place my “weed google”.

I can’t upload pics from today. It won’t process for some reason

1 Like

It’ll do that to me sometimes. Not sure if it’s how the pic is taken or what. I’m not technically inclined enough to help much.

I harvested the ilgm gg autos about a month ago. By far the best smoke I’ve grown. One thing about them was they went into flower only 20ish days after sprouting. I was not ready as I was finishing another grow at the same time. Lesson learned. I would do some sort of “fim” or top on them around day 14 if I could do it over again, which i might at some point. They got really tall, fast.

I’m using 2 of the VS1000, I have one plant under 1 of them right now but after doing a lot of reading I was able to discern that 1 wasn’t going to cut it for me - I only intended to grow 2 at a time in a 4x4 tent but somehow I have 2 functional seedlings, a vegging plant, and 3 more seeds with tails. I wholly expected dramatic failure in the germing stage so I’m pumped but share your nervousness about the Vivosun LEDs supplying enough light for 4-6 plants. So far the one plant seems incredibly happy with the light at 75%, but once it’s bigger…?

Truthfully I picked 2 up “used” for $150, so it was worth it for my first grow. Your plants are further along than all of my seedlings so I’m very curious to see if 2 VS1000s will get your plants happily budding or if you’ll need to swap them out. I bet I’d be exactly 4 weeks behind whatever happens for you.

1 Like

That’s awesome! I’m interested in seeing how yours do right after mine! ( pending I don’t blow it) I’m definitely going to go The bigger and better light deal. Take that anxiety out of it so I know they’re going to grow to their potential

1 Like

@Sasquatch69 glad to have another nervous Nelly on board with me to nail-bite through all of this. I’m going hydro so I can’t wait to see what happens between our grows. Same nutes, tents and lighting. I’m growing for my MIL - neuropathy - so I feel like I have her health and the dreaded in-law judgment at stake. :rofl: truthfully if I’m lucky enough to score anything smokable this go around, it’ll get two thumbs up.

I’m eager to keep an eye on your posts :grin:

Ha ha yea, I’m trying to act like I’m just ridin it out but I’m nervous

3 Likes