We have a first timer

First timer here,

I’ve read and read about learning to do this and finally took the leap. We are still on the wrong side of the recreational side in WV but I’m going under the cloak of invisibility LMAO…

Growing with the following:

4x4x8 Vivosun grow tent
FFOF soil in 5 gallon vivosun fabric pots
4 ILGM gorilla glue auto seeds
Vivosun vs1000 LED
Vivosun 4” exhaust fan with carbon filter
FF trio nutes
PH in soil is 6.8
PPM of first feeding was 448, by cutting the nutes in 1/4 ( fed Wednesday, first day of week 3)
In tent temp is 70
RH is 68

Currently halfway through week 3

I’ve noticed that after removing
New to all of this and trying to keep my head above water… I’ve noticed that I’m extremely worried all the time about my
Plants health! I don’t want them to fail, my wife has lupus and this is all for her to help with her pain! Any feedback would be GREAT! Can’t wait for you all to help me along this journey!

3 Likes

Welcome and good luck. From my experience people try to make it sound harder than it is. Get a good organic nutrient line, follow their recommendations. Read what is in there. Then look it up on line and find out why it is in there. I am a soil nerd so I mix my soil recipe. Then it is water only. My advice don’t sweat it you will have fun. P.s
I have seen people.love their plants to death. Peace

3 Likes

I can see how that’s very easy to do! I have to talk myself off the ledge with not overwatering or any of that simple stuff. Trying to just roll with the punches and learn by mistakes as they come.

So once you mix your own soil, do you just amend with dry/ and then only Water throughout the life of the plant, or do you add dry amendments as you go if needed?

Go check out the soil section… @Deez has some good stuff as well as some others and if you’re lucky he might post ya a link right here to get started :wink::blush::facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Good luck with your grow. She looks like she is off to a great start :grinning:

You can do this!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m so pumped to see how this all turns out!

I am still new at this so I can’t offer much advice but I’m a hell of a cheerleader :mega:

1 Like

Heard that! I feel like a complete moron when it comes to some of this stuff, but you have to do it to learn right? I can honestly say that watching them grow everyday has gotten me spiraling down the rabbit hole. I also overestimated how much they’d grow day by day and have to remind myself that it doesn’t literally happen overnight! Patience is something I’m
Working on :joy::rofl:

Looks nice.

Stop doing that, but continue doing everything else.

You’re a good man for helping your wife with her health issues. Don’t get an ulcer from it.

Good advice. Fox Farm is an excellent line and though I make my own soil, I amend it with Happy Frog. Then all I do is water regularly and feed once a month. Whatever you choose, use their guidelines. I guarantee you that they want you to succeed.

3 Likes

Auto’s move quick. It’s good to decide ahead of time any techniques you plan to use and stick to just the ones you choose in that moment. There are a million ways to grow and get great yields. It’s easy to read someone’s thread and decide that they had a better idea then you. Trying to change direction mid grow can be difficult. Better to try that technique on the next run. Whatever the nutes you use, get a decent ph pen if you don’t have one. Those 12 dollar jobbies are simply useless. They sell those to grade school science teachers who expect the 6th graders to drop and break them. I use FoxFarm soil and nutes, I ordered the quart size jars for the trio, and pint size jars for ph up and down. Lemme tell you, get the gallon size for ph up. You will use it. Get the gallon nute size bottles. I use disposable graduated medicine cups to measure, love em!
Track the ph and ppm of every liquid you put in there, as well as any liquid that comes out. Unless your going full organic, don’t think ph matters there (don’t know enough about it)

Amen brother!

1 Like

Welcome and a second on the PH meter I noticed you have one 100 watt light in a 4x4 that’s not much for the space I would consider upgrading the lighting

1 Like

Gov jim justice said in March 2021 he is not against legalization of marijuana but waiting for the bill to be put in front of him. Patients my friend it will happen for wv now that we legal here in Virginia

2 Likes

Oh yeah that ffof has enough nutes in it to keep them plants growing nicely for about 3-6 weeks.

1 Like

Will this one light have enough BANG to push me through flower if I keep it close? And is it bad to change your lighting set up mid-grow with auto’s? I completely overlooked this during the buying process or I would have bought another, more powerful light.

I have a couple 36W LEDs that take a regular base that I could use to supplement?

1 Like

I looked up that light its using 301H diodes I guess vivosun is upping their game to really cover that space you could put up 6 of those in there but you can grow with one but the bud will suffer so as you can afford it upgrade your lights its the most important thing to grow good buds 4x4 is 16 square feet at 35 watts a square foot 560 watts

1 Like

Thank you! I will do that for sure!

If you want suggestions on lights to fill the rest of that space come up with a budget a tag in @dbrn32

1 Like

A lot of us grow for their spouse. I am one and also in an illegal state. Our r legislature has its head so far up its A not much chance of things changing
FF OF and trio is a solid combination. You can probably hold off all together with the nutrients for
a week or two. You can give only big bloom too. It is low dose good all around stuff and virtually impossible to burn your plants. I started with autos and the same soil & nutrients.
If you plan on doing this good equipment makes life simpler. If you can, go with Apera and or Blue Lab for ph & ppm pens. Also, when you are well into veg growth add calmag to your water only day. Traditionally, FF is feed - water - feed cycle.
Lights - to flower four plants in a 4x4 you will need more light. You will need close to 600 watts to light up the 4x4. Maybe a little less with some ultra high efficiency lights that are coming out.
you could do some serious growing with two of these HLGs

Many will go with 2x 260XL rspec. DUDE gets you 10% discount
Use the vivosun as a supplement or seedling /veg light.
Good luck to you and your wife.

2 Likes

That looks like a nice set up! roughly about what I can spend too… so can I leave that Vivosun in there for another week or two and then switch the light at first sign of flower or do I have to run that the whole time? I can do that in a week maybe when I get paid again.

I just don’t want the quality of my bud no matter what the weight to go down because I wasn’t prepared

2 Likes