If you look at my other grow journal, you know we found a seed and tried to sprout it, which is now a nice 12" high female of unknown genetics. We took a couple of small branches near the soil (for adding extra soil) and were first going to press them in the Bible like our first leaves, but they were too thick. Then we were going to dry them and smoke them so we left them on the counter and went to the dispensary. Then we were thinking of chucking them, so why not try cloning with whatever we had on hand, just like the mother?
I took some plastic flower starter packs that the flowers we planted last night came in, dumped some Miracle Grow in the little plastic pots, jammed my finger in the middle to make a hole, and dropped the stems in, with some leaves hanging out. I filled them back in, added water, and set them in the sun.
One was buried with only a small leaf out of the soil, we call her “2”. The other had a lot of leaves out of the soil, she’s “1”. They are so named because we thought 1 was going to shoot up and 2 was dead, but we hadn’t given up yet.
A couple hours later and we had 1 popping her head up and aiming for the sun. 2 took a couple more hours, then I messed with the buried leaves and they’re vibrant and green. Shortly later, she was also following the sun. 2 is now the stronger looking plant.
They’re under the same lighting mom for now, but don’t expect huge expenditures here, I’ve got about $0.98 tied up in a plastic saucer to keep the mother’s leakage from staining, so we’re going to try to maintain that level with the little girls as well.
No pictures on this thread, sorry.