WaxwingSlain's first grow- WW feminized

Gave them another four gallons of water, with 4mL Cal-Mag, 40mL Grow Big, and 30mL Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom.

Smelling very nice in that tent!

3 Likes

looks fantastic!

I raised my lights somewhat and cut back a bit on Tiger Bloom but I’m still seeing a few crispy leaves (and removing them); nothing too serious. I’ll give them a very light feeding next time, and then weigh other options if the problem continues.

1 Like

how many weeks into flower? leaves will start to crisp pretty badly in the final weeks of flower so you might not have anything to worry about.

I’m on week 6 of flower… I’m through giving them Tribus since it mostly benefits the roots, which shouldn’t need the help at this point.
Today’s four gallons had 5mL Cal-Mag and nothing else. Runoff pH was 5.3.

A few more shots-

Some taco leaves towards the top of the canopy. Raised my lights a few inches.

Also, RH in my corner of New England has been steady in the mid-60s for the past few days, even with my little dehumidifier running constantly in the tent. Not sure what I can do to stay on top of that. Temps at least have been moderate and healthy, usually 70-80F.

Hmmm, what is your pH going in? 6.5ish? The rh is a pain, i am dealing with the same thing myself.

My pH going in is usually around 6.5, sometimes as low as 6 or as high as 6.8 but never outside that range. Supposedly different nutrients are best absorbed at different pH levels, hence the variance.

Did some more trimming today, mostly clearing out the lowest bud sites to encourage growth elsewhere.

Get a load of this chubster! Saemonza here can barely support her growing colas. I might have to put a yardstick in her pot or something.

2 Likes

A few leaves on one plant, Erwin, showed slight discoloration. Ugly leaves have been removed, and tomorrow I’ll resume normal feeding.

I gave the girls a Maxicrop foliar spray today for the first time in a week or so, about one minute before the light switched off.

Four more gallons, now with 5mL Cal-Mag (this should be the last of it), 40mL Grow Big, 30mL Big Bloom, and 20mL Tiger Bloom. I’m happy to see runoff, but it’s a real pain in the ass to clear it out; I have to move each individual plant off the drip tray and onto some other surface that can get wet, then dip in to the trap with a cup a number of times to pull water out (the trays are rather flimsy and they spill when being picked up) and put the plant back. Now that the plants are mostly kind of big this means they get roughed up a whole lot in the process. Still many kinks to work out…

Unfortunately there’s a lot of variance between the heights of these four girls, with some leaves on the taller ones getting fried while their little sister Caesar (ever the runt) is far below the lights. I’m surprised about this since all my plants are the same strain, and that strain is an established and supposedly stable one. It makes me glad I didn’t try mixing different strains on my first grow (almost planted two White Widow and two Super Silver Haze instead of four WW)!

I’m looking forward to my next grow. The Advanced Nutrients fertilizers I ordered for it are starting to come in, and it’s tempting to try to fit some of them into this grow, but I know I should stick to the line I have used up to now and not rock the boat. If anything, feeding today might have been too ambitious. It won’t be long now before the final two weeks.

2 Likes

sounds like you are well on your way to figuring things out even more for the next grow. good stuff, and best wishes down the final stretch!!

1 Like

Yeah foliar feeding definitely best to do at lights off so you don’t burn the plants

I watered today, four gallons and no nutes, but this time there was almost no runoff. Also I swapped out the HPS bulb for the MH, as some have suggested in the twilight of flowering. Still only seeing white trichs, though.

1 Like