WaxwingSlain's first grow- WW feminized

Today marks the start of flower for this crop; bloom nutes have arrived, and I swapped the MH bulb for the HPS. I would love to see Maho the Domina explode with growth, but if she remains modest in stature I don’t doubt the Bubbas will each yield a generous harvest.

Just since the start of the flowering period, growth has been explosive. I might have to set up a net to keep them a reasonable distance from the lights…

I set up my first scrog net today. It will probably take some time to optimize it, but it’s a good piece of gear to have on hand. I ordered some new indica seeds from Seedsman, since their genetics appear to be far superior to those I have been growing so far (if three total strains are anything to go by).

Things are really bustling now! The Domina/Scott’s OG continues to disappoint, but I won’t be shocked if I get more out of the two Bubbas than off all four of my White Widows from last grow.

Handsome purple hues are starting to emerge

We’re now in water-only mode, and today I switched the HPS bulb out for the MH for the final stretch. Under the halide the start color differences between the Bubbas is much more apparent.

1 Like

Two weeks after switching to water-only, I’m surprised that not only is the canopy still overwhelmingly green, but entirely new bud sites are still popping up. Not sure what that will mean for my harvest; the little Domina seems further along than the others, but I’ll absolutely aim to do what’s optimal for the Bubbas instead of her. I had hoped by now I would be just a few days out from harvest, but they clearly will need another week at minimum.

Gave Maho the wee Domina the chop two days ago. I was frustrated but not surprised to see that much of the lower growth was underdeveloped; she was simply too dense to let either light or my trimmers in. Hopefully the end product will still be usable.

Plopped four new indica-dominant hybrid seeds, all different strains, into FFHF plastic cups. I figure since I have a second tent as well as a light and a fan for it, there’s no reason not to keep it active as well; I have some autoflower seeds lying around, and plan to grow one in there once the new seedling get big enough for the 4x4.

So now I have one plant chopped and near the end of the drying process, two in late flowering, and four infants in the smaller tent:

Little Maho the Black Domina/Scott’s OG has been trimmed and weighed; she came to 63 grams of decent material, not much but a better yield than my smallest plant from the previous run (57g). Meanwhile the Bubbas JUST keep bulking up; I’m expecting much bigger numbers when they’re finally accounted for.

So far none of the new batch has emerged from the soil, but I’m not too worried. Worst case scenario is I simply plant replacement seeds if they’re no-shows.