Watts per square inch 48”x48” tent

Need some help, I think I fried two of my babies.

Two have their second set of leaves coming in, and two don’t and the node looked burnt the growth wasn’t there, will they try to grow another set of leaves past the cotyledons?

Light is set at 36” from the tops of plants

I see water droplets on them, the water can act as a magnifying glass with the light and cause burn

@MeEasy the burn is at the top where the new growth would come out. Are these babies done for? The leaves don’t get burn though, the new growth just didn’t come in and looks brown

First: please put up pictures in white light. Nobody can see through the blurple.

I would get a clear dome over them, mist the inside of the dome (clear Solo cup) with distilled water twice a day. Lights on 24/0 to maintain constant temperature (around 75F. Sprouts will drown in wet media as there is no tap root yet. The plant pulls all of it’s moisture out of the air until it has one.

Plant may recover, if an auto it might not amount to much though.

1 Like

Sorry here is a better picture, I am using water bottles as domes. I cut the tops off of them and I mist inside them.

The new growth looks brown and burned like it won’t grow back correct?

Give it time. It may surprise you.

1 Like

I’ll give them one more day to pop their next set of leaves. If they don’t and they’re just stagnant then I’ll pull the two out that aren’t growing and I’ll plant two more seeds of white widow auto.

Little update I raised the lights to 39” inches above the plants and changed the schedule to 24/0 for the seedling stage like @Myfriendis410 suggested. two of them are very happy and two are not. Hoping for the best. The new growth has not appeared for 2 days now.

Sorry about the crappy photos

Last two are putting out true leaves. First two; I don’t know…

@Myfriendis410 I know I’m stumped too, it almost looks like the first one is going to grow little white hairs. Lmao I think my light was too close and burned them. Oh well I’ll pop two more and put them in their place.

I’m new here guys and I’ll be starting my first grow with 2 BP 2500 WAT led light fixtures in a 2x4x6 grow tent and wanted to ask if this is enough or too much light for this sized tent…I’d appreciate brutally honest answers…thanks in advance guys

That light looks to be 250 true watts from the wall. I think that’s able to do about half your tent.

2 Likes

Just checked on the plants and the two that weren’t showing new growth, well one is showing new deformed leaves coming in slowly….we will see. I popped 2 more autos just in case yesterday, they will have tails tomorrow. If the plants don’t show much growth I’ll pull them out and replace with new wwa seeds from ILGM

1 Like

Coming along slowly, they are 2 weeks from sprouting from seeds.

You started them in large pots so they’re going to work on the root zone before they take off. Could be another week before they start working on veg growth.

2 Likes

Little update it’s now day 7 after sprouting out of the ground. I have 3 plants out of 4 started. One died unfortunately and didn’t make it. Here’s how the three I have look :eyes: in first place so far showing first set of true 3 leaves

Second white widow auto

Third place with mutated leaves due to light burn and almost frying the little one

Yup this is true, which is why I’m watering everyday twice a day. The lights I have get so hot the soil dries out quickly. Temps are 70 low lights off and 88 high lights on. FFOF really drains well.

Update two weeks old now

Fourth node now

Second place

Third place

All looking good. Feeding with 6.5 ph water when dry. Using fox farm ocean forest soil. Two weeks old now

Plants are now 5 weeks old

1 Like

Wow…they are beautiful…when did you start feeding them and how many watts were you pumping on them…