Watt-Sun’s Widows

So a PSA. I learned something new today :joy:
Every time I went to mix up a feed with jacks 321 I noticed the cup I use for the Calcium nitrate always had moisture in it and I couldn’t figure out why

Maybe I’m late to class but apparently Cal-nit is great at pulling moisture from the air. Why does it matter? We measure jacks by grams, if your bag of Cal-nit is pulling in water It’s going to throw your weight off and cause you to add less calcium. Todays lesson= keep your jacks in air tight containers.

6 Likes

Heyyyy! Looking yummy!! Excellent!

Solid information about the jacks nutes, will be prepared for when I order.

2 Likes

Nice catch! Also why it’s important to check your ppm.

2 Likes

Beautiful bud there

I love it !

1 Like

thanks for the pro tip!

1 Like

Not a pro by a long shot lol, just stumbling from one grow to the next and sharing what I learn along the way (mostly by way of mistakes :rofl:)

1 Like

I appreciate it. Im wrapping up week 8 on my first grow. It’s ILGM white widow. I have 11 of them. You appear to know a little something about that strain. They are all at different stages of ripeness. The gangs saying 2 more weeks. If ya get a chance maybe take a look and leave some input. I love Input!. Thanks!

1 Like

I was noticing calcium issues with my 321, but did make the connection. Very nice job.

1 Like

@Watt-Sun your setup is amazing! I really like your pvc netting setup, but I have a question. Do you think it would support 7-gal pots of coco, or do you think it will need larger tubing? I’m starting my first grow and followed cocoforcannabis pretty closely.

1 Like

It should hold a 7 gal with no issue. That’s 1” for the frame. I’m a belt and suspenders kinda guy so if I were upsizing my pot (which I should have cuz it’s one giant root ball now) I would throw a tee in the middle of the support and add a little leg :+1:

How much did you have to increase the cal-Nit by to correct it ?

An extra leg would work for sure. My auto-draining pots need raised up for proper draining, and I really like the idea of integrating a screen system. (I was planning to build a frame from 2x3.)

1 Like

I built these as 3x3’s and found they are much larger In reality than what a 3x3 sounds like on paper. I’m actually going to join 2 of them together and run 4 smaller plants under it for my next run.

1 Like