Watering with BTI and/or nematodes

Milk is a good fungus/mold killer and works by killing off the fungus in the soil and around the roots that the fungus gnat larvae eat on, starving the larvae. I spray milk on my wife’s rose bushes whenever they get black spots (fungal disease).

Need real dairy milk for this (cow, goat, etc,) almonds don’t have nipples - not real milk.

3 Likes

Thanks for this.

Any of you all used beneficial nematodes? I ran a search looks like a couple hits but some were talking negative about it.

I have some arriving today and was going to unleash them on the gnats and see if they do the job. I may wait on the milk so I can isolate what is actually working.

1 Like

Nope, always wanted to try the nematodes as I like the idea of bug predators munching on the nasty gnat larvae but I stick with mosquito bits, which always works for my gnat issues. With the monsoon season here, there are clouds of fungus gnats outside, I just keep adding mosquito bits every couple/few weeks as a preventative.

So to my original question, when using the bits can you still add your nutes/calmag/whatever?

and if I may, is there an order? Or wait, you can put them directly on the soil too right?

Thx @Hellraiser

2 Likes

Yeah I just sprinkle the bits on top, just need a few bits per sq inch, don’t need to over-do it and yes you can use nutes/calmag/whatever and water as usual over the bits.

2 Likes

Mosquito bits are nothing but ground up corn cobs that have a naturally occurring bacteria sprayed on them. This particular bacteria is a parasite that target a select few bugs. Mosquito larva and fungus gnat larva are two unfortunate victims.
So you can mix them into the top inch or two of soil or soak them in water (without chlorine or you will kill the bacteria) and then water your plant with it.
I treated my rain barrels yesterday and the larva are all dead today. A little goes a long way. My container is going on 5 years old and still working fine.

1 Like

Good info. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for this, I presume if you mix them in you still need to use non-chlorinated water?

1 Like

Yep
I mix with RO and water in between feedings.
You only need to wet the top couple inches of soil. Gnats dont live very deep.

1 Like

Also @MidwestGuy @BigCat420 midwest guys, do you hang on another board? Don’t think we have messaging capabilities here.

Im on others and we talk about exchanging items…

That would be cool but I think it goes against rules and regulations to give out personal info and im not sure how to even message people on here lol. No im not on any other forums or boards would you reccommend any?

1 Like

I checked out rollitup at one point, but the users there aren’t near as friendly and helpful as they are here.

3 Likes

Thats my main concern because I’m a stoner and I can be really stupid sometimes and I don’t want everyone to be a ass because I made a mistake obvious to you but not me. I really like the people here as everyone is really kind and helpful. I legit haven’t seen a rude or mean commented since I joined like back in March or so

3 Likes

Is why I love this place. There are no “stupid” questions here. Not everyone is on the same level, and we were all new to the game at some point. Helping people up their game is satisfying enough.

I read enough posts with insults that I only lasted about a half-hour before I decided the site wouldn’t be useful.

2 Likes

This is very true. You get a lot more exposure to a ton more seedbanks and genetics. Seems like lots of commercial folks there that are smart as can be but as you stated not nearly as friendly or responsive. Like my upcoming run nothing is from ilgm. And while it’s not super wide open they have direct messaging and folks swap cuts on the side. This is rollitup I’m referring to.

2 Likes

I thought I read somewhere that at a certain trust level then direct messages is possible but probably wrong. In the meantime I can probably be coaxed into showing up at any of the grow shops around here. I appreciate the secrecy that this forum maintains it protects some people from themselves as many are in unlawful situations and can be too trusting. And I’m sure some here are not what they seem to be. It would be silly to assume otherwise. That being said in a legal environment I’m not against meeting g some of the people I’ve interacted with on here.

1 Like

Totally agree with this. Didn’t think of the legal angle I guess I take for granted MO allows me to grow.

I’m down to meet in the future. I’m juggling work a family and my tents so time is sparse but a rondevous at a grow shop is a good idea. I don’t remember who is where.

I’m actually going to checkout that new place in stl. Need some airflow for my 3x3 shorty, figure 4” ac infinity will do the trick

1 Like

My stuff is on 12/12 and lights go off at 5pm so usually gives me a short amount of time to work on plants. On weekends I can go anywhere. I’m by troy. Supposed to be bad weather tonight so looks like I have to drag stuff into the barn because of hail threat. Pain-free is on cannabuzz I signed up so could say hi. I used this same username

1 Like

Ran by the weed squad. Small retail place but just organics. Cost the same as my ac infinity would on Amazon so happy to shop local.

I’d love to meet up in about a month. I’m running some new gear and will have some things I could dish out if anyone interested.

Hope y’all are having a blessed Saturday!

1 Like