Watering White Widow autoflowers

I germinated in paper towels and planted in 5g smart pots my plants are at 3 weeks looking good but I hate feeling like I’m a guessing at the amount of water to feed in early veg, I didn’t want to transplant

2 Likes

All perlite?

1 Like

No, I’m running two 400w Mh lights so I put an inch layer on top of my soil to keep it from drying out so fast

1 Like

2x 400w Mh

1 Like

Oh ok. Still very beautiful, with all the white on top like that.

1 Like

Yeah kinda cool looking lol

1 Like

Any advise on watering without drowning or starving these girls?

1 Like

No, I’m a noob, but I am set to watching now so I can learn what the guys have to say about it. :+1:

1 Like

I feed with fox farms and I follow the schedule exactly. I water tell i get about 20% run off. The amount of water starts low and increases as the plant grows. At 3 weeks in coco i believe I was watering every day. I was feeding 1.5 quarts or six cups. I am at 10 weeks since sprout now and my plant is taking a gallon. A tds meter would help you decide if u are feeding your plants enough. What medium are you growing in?

2 Likes

I’m using ffof and I wasn’t sure if watering until I see run off was to much because it takes alot of water to see run off in a 5g pot full of ffof soil I was afraid I would drown them, thanks for the advice much appreciated!!!

Oh and my ppm meter came yesterday so I will start checking my run off now👍

I only water to 20% run off when I use coco. Any kind of “dirt” medium I just water in rings around the outer edge till they get their feet but I still never water to run off with dirt. All that does is wash out your nutrients

2 Likes

Thank you yeah that’s what I have been doing but I never have run off but the bottom of my smartpots are wet after watering but only a few drops actually drip to my water catch not even enough to put my ppm meter in

Here is dirt!

Here is coco.

2 Likes

How many weeks into flower are those last pictures? The butt look really nice

They are 8 weeks in

2 Likes

Nice! Hope mine turn out half that good

1 Like

Think I will switch to Coco next grow lol

Here is dirt…average nearly 1 lb per plant dried and cured

3 Likes

Ughhhh omg!!! Dirt, Coco, cow shit lol I’m so confused what works best!!! Those are amazing merlin44 absolutely amazing

1 Like