Watering when away?

Hello everyone. I am currently in week 6 of my Blue Haze grow. Everything is looking good, however I have to take a last minute trip. I will be gone for 8 days and I am wondering if there are any tricks I could use to keep her hydrated while I am gone? I figured I’d add nutes and a solid water right before I head out, but I don’t want to come back to a dead plant. Open to any ideas.

1 Like

I was gone for 10 days in July and had to figure something out. I had 4 plants well into flower and growing in coco. They had to be watered at least once a day.
I ended up choosing this system

I also looked at Blumat Carrots. If I was using soil rather than coco I think they would work.

7 Likes

@beardless I’m doing 2 in 3 gallon, coco. Think this system would be fine? I’ve got the regular blumat cones, but they don’t put out quick enough.

The system worked for me. I played around with the timer so as to moisten the coco without creating a lot of runoff. I had 4 plants in 2 gallon rain science bags. I put 2 drippers in each pot. I wanted even distribution.

3 Likes

This is genius and I’m definitely getting this for the future, but now my concern is there’s no way that would come in time since I leave tomorrow. Do you think watering globes or watering wick and a gallon jug would work?? I’m going to overnight that system but I need a backup plan if it doesn’t come in time

1 Like

Wooord. I need to try something automated. Or at least that i can hook up every now and then when weeks are busy.

1 Like

I’ve used the water globes in the past. I think It depends on the plants stage of development. Later in the grow your plants will need to be watered more frequently.
How about turning your light down and adding the globes. Additionally you would give them a good watering when you depart. And if your not in flower lights could be set to say 13x11 to skirt the 12 hour rule.

2 Likes

I have used the hand blown bulbs , jabbed a couple in each pot. A super good watering before depart. After 6 days plants were fine Watered good after return plants perked up overnight. Good luck :+1::v:

2 Likes

I went to Youtube and typed in the search box “How to water cannabis plants while away”.

Here’s a link to what came up:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+water+cannabis+plants+while+away

Ther are videos on how to set up wicking systems and water bottle systems, etc.

2 Likes

If in soil water the crap out of them all the way to runoff. Letem sit in the runoff and bail. They will be fine. Lower fans and dim lights a bit.

3 Likes

Over water them with a large deep pan underneath. The plant will suck a lot of that excess water when it needs it.