Watering problems

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

trying to figure out the best drip system times for DWC in mid/late veg and flower during lights on and lights off indoors ? Have had a streak of bad luck now the last 3 times around.

Using GH Waterfarm buckets. Having trouble with mushy clumped together roots in late veg - flower like root rot/pythium and also battling powdery mildew.

Plenty of circulation with fans and carbon filters/ 2 commercial dehus/ using aerators for each bucket and adding h202 as a top off in between nutrient changes.

Not sure if I am watering too much or too little? Not much information regarding DWC drip system water times with GH water farm buckets. They recommend 24hrs but I think that is too much and Ive heard 30 on and 30 off. I just dont know. Figured someone there might be an expert at how to grow in DWC indoors. Your help is very much appreciated.

1 Like

@TDubWilly aren’t you using a drip system in your DWC grow? Or were?

I grow in DWC but no drip system.

1 Like

If your roots are in the water down in the bucket you should have turned that top feed off a long time ago, theY don’t need it anymore. Top feed system is just to nurse the roots along til they make it to that resevoir. Hopefully it’s not to advanced and you can treat it with hydrogen peroxide.

High water temps (above 72 degrees) and not pumping enough oxygen into the resevoir will contribute to pythium also
:+1:

2 Likes

I know your in DWC but leaving that top feed on after the roots have reached the water will cause symptoms similar to this also…

It’s called damping off, basically root rot of the stem, especially if there is a rockwool cube or rapid rooter introduced to the system also

3 Likes