Watering my seedlings

How much water to seedlings for their first time watering ?

What are they planted in?? soil… coco… what pots?? how old??
seedlings you want to be careful with the soil/coco drying up isn’t a big issue… overwatering is far more of an issue with youngsters…

Foliar spraying is all they need for the first days then just moisten the soil after that till they get their first single fan leaves

1 Like

They are planted in soil in 1/2 quart pots, they are about a week old

1 Like

Then as @bob31 said foliar feeding is all they need for now, soil retains a lot of moisture so they are good for a while :)…
the first 2-3weeks its very easy to accidentally kill them

1 Like

So then it would be safe to say that feeding them 12 ml. of water is over watering.and that will slow down the growth
I would send pics. but phone is on the charger right now . when charged I will include them. How far apart should nodes be ?

@marsman54 watering is a personal preference with lots of diff attitudes on how best its done some feed daily others do 1 day nutes 1 day water some do every other day… but the one thing i think 99% of us agree on is at the beginning don’t give them anything until you really have too… 12ml of water is nothing in a half liter pot… but in all honesty just feel the weight of the pot if its light then they need it… if it has a bit of weight to it still then then really don’t need it in my humble opinion :slight_smile:

How far apart should the nodes be ? What does it mean if the nodes are close together ? The light is 16" away from the tops of plants

the tighter the nodes on any plant is always a good thing a short bushy plant will have better end results due to a more even canopy :slight_smile:
the light distance depends on what your using 16inches away sounds about right for say an LED or MH bulb… but a T5 or CFL you can get right down on it like 3inches or so

2 Likes

here is a pic. of my little girls. When would be the best time to add nutrients to the feedings ?

2 Likes

In about a week I would guess. Once your cotyledon leaves turn yellow and begin to die that means your plant will start to be hungry!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I generally wait until I have 5 sets of true leafs before I give them any nutrients. And even the. I only give them at 1/4 - 1/2 strength so they don’t get shocked. That’s just what I do and everyone is different but I like to wait so that I don’t stunr there growth or give them nutrient burn when they are young.

1 Like

once they are around 2weeks old is when i introduce nutes personally which is normally around the 4th 5th set of leaves as @Jmesser80 and another week like @ktreez420 said :wink:

:astonished: 3 people 1 thread all in agreement

2 Likes

@marsman54 I go at it a little differently. I started feeding about a week. Very low in strength but it gave them a good kick start. I used FF Big Bloom 0.01-0.3-0.7 call me crazy but that’s what I did!

2 Likes