Watering issues or something else?

We are growing auto flower plants, and we’ve noticed over the last couple days three out of our first four plants have been wilting downwards. We thought potentially over watering, so we took a break from watering and they got worse. They are growing in 5 gal pots, so instead I watered ~2 gal a piece, but today they’re even worse. Is my diagnosis wrong and would anyone know whats wrong with them? Thank you.

Welcome to the forum! A support ticket might better, but am new to growing and curious.

What lights are you using? Brand and model?
What kind of vent system do you have?
What’s your pH in?
What’s your pH and ppm runoff?
Temps day and night?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @BluntNinja! I agree, more information is needed to get you headed in the right direction.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
Indoor or Outdoor
Light system
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No
Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

PS - were they recently transplanted?

Hello guys! Thank you for doing your best to help me figure out whats going wrong with the girls. In response to you, @elheffe702:

What strain: We have multiple growing, animal jam is the strain that is struggling most.
Method: We’re using pot for pot kits, so our medium is cocoa for top soil and super soil (I believe its called) as the base.
Vessels: 5 gal fabric pots.
PH of Water, Solution, runoff: Haven’t tested pH in the pots, however the water we are putting in there is tap water that’s been left out to decay the contents, so it should be close to neutral.
PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: Have not tested for PPM
Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor in tents, the one in the pictures is 2x4x5
Light system: Ledx 1500w
Temps: anywhere from 75-80 Fahrenheit, they are auto so light is on 24hrs. We maintain that temp consistently.
Humidity: Roughly 40% consistently.
Ventilation system: 2 4 inch can fan high outputs. Those run at 165 cfm. We use one to intake and one for exhaust.
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: We have a 6 gal air care humidifier. No A/C system or dehumidifier.
Co2: No
Also these plants were transplanted fairly recently :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you once again!

1 Like

They might just be pouting from the transplant. Don’t try to change too much trying to help them, just give them time. If you can put a dome over them, that will boost the humidity (40% is a little low for right now in their lives) they see and help them along while the roots get happy again. Some are more sensitive than others. Might be a dent in the yield if they’re autos, otherwise they’ll catch up.

Seems like a lot of water for a 5 gal pot, must have been tons of runoff, did you let them sit in the runoff and absorb all that water?

1 Like

Roughly 10-20% of what I put in ran off. I have all the pots on a tray, and they water dispersed and evaporated very quickly, so they weren’t sitting in it long.

Tap water sitting out can start to rise in ph pretty good. After 24hrs mine can be 7.5 to 8.0ph. Best to start phing water so you dont have problems from it. Wrong ph can wreak havoc on a plant.

2 Likes

@BluntNinja
hERE IS MY PIC OF UNDER-WATERING THEY LOOK PRETTY MUCH THE SAME

thPFD6B05U

nOW TRY GIVING THEM SOME WATER…