Watering in Late Flower. Jog My Memory, Please

I’ve only had one grow in the past 12 months, so I don’t remember so clearly. I believe I remember that a plant’s water demand goes down a good bit the last 2 weeks of flowering. Correct?

2 Likes

Id like to know too before i drown my ladies later. I only have like maaaaaybe 3 weeks ish i think.

Ive been dumping 4ish gallons of water through them every 4-5 days. Theyre in 10gal pots lol

2 Likes

She’s in a 10 gal pot and water 2.5 gallons every 3 days. I will be traveling all 10 days during the last 10 days of flower and have someone coming over to water it. He lives a half-hour away, so I’m trying to minimize his trips and am thinking that I can get away with 2 or 3 waterings at most. It should work out fine if the plant isn’t drinking a lot. The plant will be at 9 or 10 weeks of flower and should be ready to harvest when I get back.

2 Likes

Yes for the most part, and can be even 3 weeks before chop you can really see the decline in water consumption. When I notice they use less water, I go water only at that point.

2 Likes

When I was gone for almost two weeks, I considered Blumat carrots but went a different route. They are supposed to draw from a reservoir based on the soil’s moisture.
To answer your question - yes water needs decrease later in flower. Growth has essentially stopped so not much need other than to stay alive. But, how to measure the amount is another question.

2 Likes