Watering has to be the worst step in growing 🙃

Ive heard trim Jail is bad. I think ill enjoy that tho. Relaxing with a beer blunt. And buds. Some tv on. Relaxing. Now this watering …
Started as i wanted to water because was 7 days before pot’s were lighteing up and didnt wanna kill em. Now if i water mon. I have to water again wed. And fri. And sun

Mixing nute. Or even just reg water with cal mag. Or mollases. Ph ing tge water. Watering said plants. Allowing run off. Checking run off. Discarding run off. For 10 plants. Takes 2 hours ! Works picking up rn. No time to think let alone water lol :laughing:

5 Likes

I grow in coco so I water every day. I find it to be kinda therapeutic. I’ve thought about getting autopots or putting an irrigation system together. You may want to look into doing something like that.

5 Likes

For a little while. And then it will be monotonous. And then you’ll be like @iDontKnowGrow with 6 straight days of trim jail and blisters on your fingers.

Watering gets easier the more you do it, it becomes muscle memory. Trimming? It’s always jail. :joy:

7 Likes

Just the time frame. 2 to 3 hours every day for both tents with keeping track n mixing nutes etc. Using advanced nutrients in one tent. 8 diff products not including my microbes. Mollassus. Cal mg. Etc. Sometimes i barely have time to get home and water. And sometimes has to be few hrs befire lights out because of schedule. Sooo time consuming. Im sure ill fig out better system ( seen making a grate so watwr runs under into pans etc ) to help with runoff and removal etc. Just. Feels like im rushing waterings and thats all i have time to do with them now

3 Likes

God bless you. My plants take 16 gallon every 2 days. Maybe one in kate flower if they really get thirsty. Idk yet. I just hit start of 5th week on 12. /12.

Id die if it was every day

1 Like

I feel you. Got a bit tedious my first grow using a dozen bottles of GH stuff. Switched to Jack’s for this grow and it takes longer to wait for runoff to finish than to mix nutes and water.

3 Likes

Im using bergmans in 4 of my 10. Just the way i started it wanted to try 2 diff regimines to compare resukts. Bergman 1 tsp a gallon. Done. So easy. Advanced nutrients. Not so much. But they are delivering amazing results

I also didnt think it threw with scrog etc so to reach into back of twnt to water n to drain. Mama mia lol

2 Likes

1 Like

My next grow is gonna be maximum 4 plants. In 2 tents. Lol :laughing:

Day 29 today in 12. 12

You’ve definitely got your hands full. I grew four plants last time and have three going now. Well four, but ones in a solo cup. You’ll get good results with the bottled nutes. I didn’t have any complaints there. Just got tired of all the syringes and bottles. My plants actually look a lot better this go around with Jack’s. All these experienced growers on here sang it’s praises and now I know why. It really is as good as they say. Easy and perfect runoff numbers so far.

You’ve got a lot of work ahead, but once you harvest it’ll all be worth it. When you run out of nutes think hard about Jack’s. I put half full bottles of all my GH in a box and taped it up after two weeks of using Jack’s. Be nice to have in a pinch, but I’m not switching back.

Hang in there. It only seems slow and tedious while you’re living it. Lol.

2 Likes

Def thinking about jacks or gold leaf. Seen good things about both. Def wanna be a one and done. Lol. Screw all this science calss lol

3 Likes

Yea using bottles you start to feel like a mad scientist. And the more you grow, the more you want to give a try in the name of science LOL.

Jacks as Ive heard more then a few times, is like easy mode. Few sprinkles shake and pour. Same amount everytime. Only 3 additives. Cant beat it!

Trim jail is rough but I still see it as therapeutic after 4+ grows. Watering can be a pain, but i have more problems REMEMBERING to water then actually doing it. My worst offense? Dry and cure… after 4-5 months of babying plants, i cant be assed to wait another couple of weeks to test anything. Usually a month out, im a few jars short of where I was after harvest :rofl:

1 Like

In larger grows every thing needs to be scaled up.
Maybe a hand pump like this will help

I use autopots to grow a couple of plants with coco and Jacks.
I top feed by hand a 3x3 tent. Coco and Jack’s.

Before coco and Jack’s I used Advanced Nutrients mostly in soil. Yes it is a tedious PIA to mix that many base nutrients and all the supplements.

4 Likes

I have tried a lot of different methods. Super soil with water only is the easier way to go. If you don’t have much time you may want to give this a try next time.
You can actually skip the trimming but not the water!

1 Like

I just tagged you in a thread i made about my watering setup. I hate watering! Bill gates i think said he gives the hardest task to the laziest person because they will figure out an easier way. He would definitely pick me lol.

3 Likes

Since I had experience with auto watering systems also, let me say this about that.
They can be a great addition to your set up, providing that you can drain the run off directly from the room or tent. But if you will need to pump water in and pump the run off out things get complicated fast. And it will be less likely to be worth the effort.

1 Like

Sounds like you need some Autopots.

1 Like

So last round I decided it was a good idea to plant 9 plants… you know, just in case a couple are male

All female and watering became a dreadful chore

Trim jail was worse though until I bought a bowl trimmer and now all is well

2 Likes

@Ickey not complicated and way worth it to me as without it i would be watering 60+ plants 2x a day. Now is simple to maintain just make sure emitters are not stopped up and allis good.

2 Likes