Watering equipment

New to the world of tent growing. The girls are right at 6 weeks old right now and I just switched them to flower to make sure they don’t outgrow my ceiling. My question is… What are you guys and gals using as a watering solution? As of right now I have been using a small hand pump sprayer to water, this has become a huge pain as the size of the footprint make it hard to move them to water. I am spending an hour or better watering every couple to three days. I will also be netting the tent as soon as the stretch gets moving. I have thought larger sprayer with a longer wand or maybe setting up some kind of 5 gallon bucket pump set up. I am very limited to space as my tent is in my small office, I will be having to crawl in to water and that doesn’t sound like fun at all. Thank you all in advance. If this is in the wrong spot, my bad, new here.

1 Like

I use a 2 gallon pump sprayer with long wand I know a few people who use submersible pump and 5 gallon bucket depending on how many plants you have would determine which would be best for you both work wonderfully I like my pump sprayer, it waters slower and using fabric pots that’s a necessity

2 Likes

I use a spray bottle , but a industrial sprayer might be good for you. You know the plastic bucket with the pump handle and the sprayer wand like an exterminator uses. But the strangest thing I saw was someone using a garden hose that attached to there sink faucet.

2 Likes

Cool Deal Guys! I never expected answers so fast. The little sprayer I have is a tiny version of like a garden bug/bad weed sprayer. The larger version was my thought. I have four plants in 3gal cloth pots. I know it’s too many for my 3x3 space but ya know… couldn’t help myself. I would never hook a hose to my faucet, pH around here is low 8s, no bueno

2 Likes

I too shove 3 into a 2x4. Lol

3 Likes

Yeah some people are lucky I run a garden hose from my pressure tank into my grow room but my ph is 7.5 low ppms I’m on my own well but it’s still necessary to ph, 2 gallon pump sprayer would work great for you

3 Likes

As far as the res type with an electric pump watering systems. How are you guys setting up if y’all don’t mind? I’ve def had my ups and downs during this first indoor grow but it’s coming around. This one is just my next bump in the road. Thanks again for the help.

Love it man! Nothing like wall to wall. I smile every time I unzip the door.

2 Likes

Remember if you shove too many, your a noob. But add a scrog net then your a pro lol. perception is key. It’s funny to see someone with 20 seedlings in a 4x4. Lol

3 Likes

Rez type feeds are easy but depending on speed of pump can make things a little difficult If pots get pretty dry and in fabric like you are some mediums will get pretty hydrophobic meaning it will take it time to absorb water instead of repelling it, so watering to fast most of the water ends up running around the medium and on to your floor… but for Rez feeds you just need small like aquarium pump get some extra clear tubing so you can have a long hose and there ya go

1 Like

Oh def a noob here. Ain’t no shame in my game lol. I have had my share of outdoor backwoods grows with minimal luck. I’m in TN so shhhh. Scrog netting is on it’s way soon even though I’m a noob lol

2 Likes

I use ocean forest mixed with happy frog 75/25 and it does get hydrophobic by watering time. I love the misting water of the pump sprayer it just takes so dang long. The cloth pots will let you run off way fast if the soil is pretty dry. I have to be super careful on nute day so I don’t end up with bunch of run off.

2 Likes

Can’t say I have met too many members from my state that’s cool. I have been listening to everyone in Georgia complain about power outages. Lol good times.

1 Like

Exactly and even the 2 gallon sprayer takes along time to water but it is nice mixing up enough solution for multiple plants at a time, and yea every soil I’ve used gets hydrophobic and it’s a pain I’ve watered a few times in the past and ended up with dry pots and a half gallon on the floor haha

1 Like

Or a fabric pot that discharges out the sides so you keep putting water to it to fully saturate until the drain pan overflows.

2 Likes

I have a 10 gallon reservoir that allows the water to aerate and warm to 75 F. I use a small transfer pump with a 10’ hose and a 3’ wand. I have valve on the wand so that I can control the flow of water as I water each of my six plants while never leaving my observation chair. It takes me 4 - 5 minutes to mix nutrients and adjust pH, then another several minutes to water the six plants to run off.

It actually takes longer to remove and dispose of the run off (using another small transfer pump) than it does to water the plants.

Oops, I forgot…Welcome to the forum @zipty420.

2 Likes

Lol I tried and failed at that. Ended up giving one away to a friend

2 Likes

I give them each a small drink to get the soil moist before the heavy watering (1.5 gallons each) that each plant gets.

2 Likes

@zipty420 your probably going to run out of comments soon but if you ever need me just use the @SKORPION tag and I’ll be there. Good luck from a fellow volunteer lol.

1 Like

Yeah I still water with just an old school watering can if I’m only watering one plant or so and I drizzle a nice puddle in just enough to start wicking without running down sides and then I let it sit for a couple minutes or until all water is wicked down and then I finish watering seems to do the trick, if I’m watering 6 plants I use my big pump sprayer takes a bit longer to water but I enjoy being with the ladies any way haha