Watering eb and flow

A question from a fellow grower:

I am just starting out, but have a question about watering.
I read the article you provided on watering, as well as the bible I downloaded, but still have a few questions.

1. I am using an eb and flow system during the veg state in a 3X3 tent. What type of watering schedule should I set the eb and flow system to? Plants are at the clone stage, and have already been sexed.
  2. Do you also have a watering schedule that I could reference?
  3. For the eb and flow system, how much water should be allowed to reach the base of the plant? 1 or 2 inches?

a few questions.

1. I am using an ebb and flow system during the veg state in a 3X3 tent. What type of a watering schedule should I set the ebb and flow system to? Plants are at the clone stage, and have already been sexed.

2. Do you also have a watering schedule that I could reference?

3. For the eb and flow system, how much water should be allowed to reach the base of the plant? 1 or 2 inches?
    [/quote]

**_ Answer: I would start with a schedule of 15 minutes on and 45 off each hour and only when the lights are on.

There is not set instructions or schedules when using any recirculating system;  You have to start at a common benchmark, monitor your plants to see if they would like more water or less.  This can depend on temperature, humidity, stage of growth etc, etc...

Again;  This is a matter determined by the size net pots you are using;  or, not.  How deep your tray is.  With that said;  I ran a 1" drain on my last ebb and flow experiment, because, 2" caused too much flotation of the plants and hydroton.  (I fill my ebb and flow trays with hydroton for MMJ, and perlite in the greenhouse)_**  :)

[/quote]

_Answer/s: _

I would start with a schedule of 15 minutes on and 45 off each hour and only when the lights are on.

There is not set instructions or schedules when using any recirculating system; You have to start at a common benchmark, monitor your plants to see if they would like more water or less. This can depend on temperature, humidity, stage of growth etc, etc…

Again; This is a matter determined by the size net pots you are using; or, not. How deep your tray is. With that said; I ran a 1" drain on my last ebb and flow experiment, because, 2" caused too much flotation of the plants and hydroton. (I fill my ebb and flow trays with hydroton for MMJ, and perlite in the greenhouse).

:slight_smile: