Watering Difficulties

My first grow, and tomorrow is the last day of week 4 for my white widow autos. I’ve got 3 in a 3x3 tent and they’ve exploded. At first feeding was easy when they were small. But I had my lights too close at first and they didn’t stretch very far above their containers. So they grew pretty close to the coco/perl. Add in doing some LST, and I’m finding it hard to get in there to water them. I’ve been trying not to get any nutes on the plants but that’s becoming harder to do now. They get morning and evening feedings every day. So how do folks water by hand?

I realize this sounds like a stupid question, but this being my first grow is not something I had thought of or planned for.

This is what it looks like from my tent cam…

And a few more…

4 Likes

I have attached a funnel to a hose to put liquids in hard to get to places. Some lower growth may need to be removed anyway since it won’t get the light it needs and then you will have room!

4 Likes

You can clean up that bottom growth. A two gallon pump sprayer will get you under or through that canopy, no problem.

3 Likes

I use a funnel like this its easy to maneuver around and pin point

2 Likes

Thanks all. I just looked on Amazon and ordered a beer bong funnel with hose! LOL

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WGQYVVZ/?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes

I haven’t bothered with the bottom growth because I thought it was best to just let autos do their thing and trimming was generally frowned upon for them.

3 Likes

Only problem I see with the beer bong funnel is the hose is probably flimsy it will be hard to poor water in while trying to hold the hose

I’ve got a SCRoG net for the tent as well, but wasn’t sure about using it or not… thoughts or opinions keeping in mind I haven’t done this before and these are autos?

1 Like

You can trim up the lower leaves on autos. Just be careful not to stress them too much. When I did mine I would take off 5-10 leaves a day until they were cleaned up.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t need a scrog net for autos but it can’t hurt either lol

1 Like

Try LST and leave tucking

1 Like

Yeah, LST is what got me to this point… and I try tucking at least once every other day right now.

1 Like

I tried the scrog with my WW Autos but I like to rotate my girls and prune and pet them so the scrog was just in my way and then I realized they’re not going to grow tall enough to need scrog support so I took it down

1 Like

I’m on day 60 gobble gobble

3 Likes

@Shaneo420 love your setup. I may have to go get a whiteboard now myself! LOL

1 Like

Yeah everyone calls it mad scientist lab lol

1 Like

@moonchild420 The plants are beasts but the back two have a nutrient issue that should be addressed. I’m not very good at diagnosing these yet so I’ll call in some help. Take a look at the picture, I hi-lighted the leaves that are showing the issue. @blackthumbbetty @Missiles @MattyBear @PurpNGold74 a little help with the diagnosis please.

1 Like

I’m using Bergmans nutes “growtime” at 1/2tsp gallon, and I had been adding 5ml of calmag gallon pH 6-6.3. I just backed off the calmag to about 2ml a few days ago.

You’re feeding every morning and evening? How much liquid are you giving? Is the soil dry at each feeding?

Scrog isn’t for support, albeit it is a secondary bonus. It’s used to spread the plant without having 20 lines tied to your pot.
As @Bubblehead pointed out it looks as they are desiring some more potassium.

1 Like