Watering and auto flower

I have a question and new to the forum so if I didn’t do this right my bad. I’m a little nervous on watering my plant. I’ll be using a 4 gallon pot for NL auto flower and am scared I’ll over water. What should I do? Thanks in advance!:ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Check top 2 inches of grow media. If dry, water.

1 Like

You can do knuckle method put your pointer finger in soil up to second knuckle if its dry water if not wait :+1:
Recommed you buy a cheap moisture probe style meter for you grow
They are relatively cheap 10/15$ on amazon

2 Likes

Ithanks for the feedback

Thanks for feedback

I don’t use it for ph not accurate enough for me
And No problem bro welcome and happy growing
You’ll find a lot of help here if you need it
:v:Peace

2 Likes

Welcome to ILGM first off @Swan1234, second off there has been good advice here, use your index finger to determine water level typically in a bigger pot if it’s dry half way up your finger, that’s a perfect time to quench her thirst.

When they are seedlings mist 2-4 times a day, they can absorb water through their leaves and don’t have established enough root systems to drink through the soil, and if you do you do not need much at all.

As they get older slightly increase there water as they get older they’ll thrive for more water

3 Likes

Make sure you use good water. I use my rain water, it Ph’s around 6-6.5. I have a catchment system and never worry about bad water.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the responses will start a grow journal when I get my seeds. Would also like to point out the hospitality you all showed

4 Likes

You will fit in well here @Swan1234.

I had the same problems as you when I first started. You’ll be fine!

1 Like

You will love it here. I myself haven’t been on this site for long but I already feel the good juju everyone throws at me, I do feel like everyone cares since we all have the same end goal… TO GROW GREAT GANJA right, welcome, from a newbie myelf

3 Likes