Watered and 3 hours later this yellow leaf

A termite - consider me scared. I looked up thrips and the adult version looked a lot like what I saw. I smacked it to oblivion so I can be sure.

If you saw a thrip, there are more. Keep a watchful eye. If u see more damage or a second pest? Its time to pull out the artillery

2 Likes

These are a few types of Thirps…

Termites (some) :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down:

3 Likes

Yep, the top 2 pics are what I saw, have since had several more pop up on yellow/blue sticky’s. Not noticing anymore leaf damage, like the first, but saw a small hole in one. Just got home from a trip - will inspect further. Should I spray captain jacks all over or soil drench or both?

1 Like

Both. Death to buggies!!

4 Likes

I guess this is time for
Good night sleep tight
don’t let the (bed)bugs bite
If they do take your shoe.
And beat them till they’re black
and blue

4 Likes

Ive had thrips…from ffof and more then once. Can be a annoyance to get rid of and would take a few treatments of both neem and captain jacks dead bug. Neem can be used as long as your not in flower. The thing is the example of what u have and actually pic are similar but imo different. U can actually see the thrips moving around on the leafs if u have them. They are small but can be seen by eye. Another dead give away is the black speckles on the leafs if u actually have them. Its there poop. If you look at the example, you can actually see the black spots. That is how you will know. Its hard to say for sure.

1 Like

I don’t see anything on/under leaves, but I sprayed anyway. White Widow is in flower so I just hit the soil. Def something, but they are stealthy.

2 Likes

Time will tell and a another learning experience learned. You got this.

2 Likes

Rainwater averaging 6.5ph? Usually rainwater is around 5.6 PH because of the co2 creating carbonic acid. (H2CO3) that’s interesting.

1 Like

That’s roughly what the stick is measuring it at - but I have no doubt it could be wrong. I will recalibrate it and check again.

Thrips will absolutely ruin a crop treat immediately

3 Likes

I wanted to thank everyone for responses/advice. The bug issue seemed to end quickly and haven’t had any other major issues. Everyone looks happy… I think. Purple haze is in veg week 7, and I’m thinking a few more weeks before changing lights to force flower? Any thoughts based on pics? I was in a pickle as my husband started 5 White Widow at the same time and they had to finally be separated. I put them in my bathroom tub with sad lights, but couldn’t put them outside to be eaten alive by thrips and gnats. I think they are getting close?

4 Likes