Water pump for flushes

i think this is the way to go. a transfer pump of some kind. Hose in the tray/ pump water out the trays and down the drain. I just had a water drum overflow and it was a pain in the ass shop vacing up with water and then carrying it to the tub and dumping it. still thinking on it though.

i didnt buy anything and the flushes are upon me. I am a major procrastinator. Itll be shop vac one plant at time. 12 plants. good times ahead.

Never even thought about my shop vac…That’s Brilliant!

1 Like

it wasn’t the end of the world but it was so many trips to the wash tub carrying a shop vac full of water. The worst part was for me living in a townhouse firing up the shop vac for a minute every 10 minutes or so sucking up the water with neighbors 5 feet away. but what ya gunna do?

1 Like

By the way I love your Jackie Daytona avatar.
One of our favorite shows.
This is for you…Lol

1 Like

This would make it easier

2 Likes

Just got this, used to feed 2 gals of water and neuts. Works fantastic, will use to pump out flush water from my overflow bucket. I found the wet vac a bit unwieldy to use but this (if it holds up) is a much simpler way.

2 Likes

i was looking at one of these transfer pumps but I dont know.

Used mine twice now, works well. Only concern is how long it will last.

1 Like

I have been looking for something like this, what is the make or model and where did you get one.
I need to drain my trays exactly like you mentioned. Thanks in advance

As a new aquarium owner, I find that the septic tank plays a very important role in creating balance and flow for the aquarium’s water volume. But the problem here is that it makes a very loud sound when operating, and I did some work to make it quieter. In order for the sump pump to operate as quietly as possible, the first thing to do is to find the source of the sound. Many parts of a sump pump can make a sound. One way to quiet the sump pump is to reduce the water flow. If you reduce the rotation rate of the aquarium, it will not affect the filtration system at all.