Water plants before 48 hours darkness prior to harvest?

My girls are at the end of their life cycle and I want to do the 48 hours darkness method
. Should I water them a few hours before this darkness period?
or should I wait a day or so after watering them to do so?

1 Like

Some one else might have a different opinion but I try and have a dry pot when I cut I feel like maybe less starches will be drawn up if they get accidental light exposure during the harvest

2 Likes

I dont do 48 darkness, but I also let my plants dry out before chop.

Ive always thought that watering before harvest would increase dry time. I could be wrong, any thoughts on this ?.

3 Likes

I’m sure it does guess it could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on situation

I don’t want my pots wet going into the 48 hours of dark, but don’t want them bone dry either. I go dark a couple days after watering.

3 Likes

Has anyone done the ice bath method?

1 Like

I think @Eagles009 does ice bath

1 Like

First off I’m a new grower so take it for what it’s worth. I just did my pre harvest tinkering on my lsd auto yesterday. I looked at her trichs yesterday morning and was seeing half clear half cloudy. But said to myself oh well I need the room and it’s not worth keeping in there much longer (small plant) I flushed, split stem open, and gave a good ice bath. I checked her trichs this morning and they are noticeably cloudier. So much so that I would chop right now but I just flushed yesterday so I want to let her use some nutes up before chop. I don’t have any proof that any of this is effective. I haven’t found it to do any harm. I’ll tell you that when you split the stem they put off a cloud of aroma. It’s like you can smell the plants terp response to the severe stress. I don’t know if that makes logical biological sense but it’s been my experience.

I plan to do a clone run and play with all of this stuff vs a control group at some point. But I’m not there yet. Haven’t done 48 hour dark period because I don’t have a feasible space for that currently.

3 Likes