Water PH or Lack of nutrients?

Thanks for that information.

How long does that usually take assuming I have the watering under control and there aren’t any other issues with them?

Really depends on the plant. Some spring back in a day and some can take a week

So, things see to be bouncing back a bit although the yellowing on two of them are freaking me out. It looks like there is little darker green on some of the new growth. I also wonder if they weren’t shocked a little from the transplant. They went into a different soil (bio365 vs. Buildasoil light) also, The tall one in the back is dropping a bit on the top of the plant although the bottom portionlooka okay. Anyway, any thoughts other than to be patient? I really appreciate your input.

2 Likes

@BobbyDigital

I meant to @ you above.

Looks as tho pH may still be a bit off balance, or she’s still recovering. Any knew damage that wasnt there previously?

@PurpNGold74

Thanks. It’s hard to tell if there is new and growth. I’ll have to take a few pics and compare for tomorrow. I just tested my water to make sure, but it’s 6.6 which should be okay, right?

Is the damage seemingly not getting worse?

@PurpNGold74 They are all different cultivars so it’s difficult to say as they are all reacting a little differently. With that said, the new growth on most of them still looks light yellow/green. Three of them are drooping (over watered now?) the two I transplanted into larger pots with different soil are the lightest but new growth looks a little darker (is new healthy growth gradual or should they be back to dark green?) All plants are in 1gallon and the 2 I transplanted are in 3gallons. At this point I need to get them healthy enough to clone and keep small mothers for later. I plan on only growing one of them coming up. Timing and lack of experience got me here. We are about to run 8 plants, each in 30 gallon pots using the no till buildasoil system. The soil and amendments got delivered weeks late and now the plants are sick. :tired_face:

Thanks for the help

1 Like

No worries my friend. Thats what first runs are for. Learn adapt grow.

Yes looks like overwatering. The stems are standing firm and the leaves themselves wilting. She’ll bounce back. Overwatering can change some leaf color as well. So relax on that front.

Not seeing any new spotting was more of my question. Also how big are the bags rn?

1 Like

@PurpNGold74

How big are the bags? I don’t understand the question

Also, the plants in the one gallons are over 2’ tall. I got them with a dose of recharge two weeks ago and topdressed with some worm casting a week ago or more. Is it possible they need nutrients with them being so big?

1 Like

The pots = bags. Thus 1 gallon bags. Might be time to uppot those babies. Unless thats what the new goodies were for

@PurpNGold74 @BobbyDigital

No, like I mentioned above, alll plants are in 1gallon and the 2 I transplanted are in 3gallons. At this point I need to get them healthy enough to clone and keep small mothers for later. I plan on only growing one of them coming up, one of the 3gallon ones. We were about to clone and run 8 plants, each in 30 gallon pots using the no till buildasoil system. The soil and amendments got delivered weeks late and now the plants are in this state.

I assume it’s not a good idea to take a clone from a plant in this condition?

The two that I transplanted into larger pots with different soil are the lightest but new growth looks a little darker. Is new healthy growth gradual or should they be back to dark green immediately?

I also noticed some of the fan leaves on the yellow plants are folding in a bit like a taco and have a little burn color of the serrated edges.

Basically, my question is should I just chill and keep watering assuming underwatering was the only issue, or do I need to intervene in some other way.

1 Like

Not under anymore. And overwatering (unless we talking coco) is less ‘too much water’ and more ‘water too often’.

In soil, plants that size would likely be once every 2-3 days. Maybe a bit less (more like 2) if they are well rooted.

I get you want to establish mother plants, but if they bound, growth will suffer.

The yellower plants look like they are healthy. Id lean more towards waterlogged (if they yellowd after a good solid watering) then lockout.

@BobbyDigital @PurpNGold74

Question: is it okay to take a clone from any of these plants as they recover? At this point my only goal is to backup all of these plants but one.

Clones taken from unhappy plants may struggle to root. Of course u can try them, but dont expect 100%

@PurpNGold74
So If they do root they should theoretically be okay, assuming they are treated correctly?

1 Like

O yea. They’ll be fine by that point.

Also good to know that a clone taken from a mature plant, is technically the same age (and just as mature). And should not be treatd like a seedling.

1 Like

Interesting. I haven’t grown from seed yet, only clone. How does the age of the cut impact feeding and their environmental requirements?

1 Like

They are usually more equipped to handle larger feedings.

I wouldnt start a cutting at 750 ppms like the mother. But she’d get between 4-500

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 @BobbyDigital

Im seeing some brown spots on one plants on the newer growth. Any thoughts ?