Water ph is 5.5

Just got my ph meter in and my well water is reading 5.5. No nutes added. Is this a good problem to have or a bad one? I will check again tomorrow when I add nutes

5.5 will be to low for your plants, so you’ll have to add some Ph Up to compensate. Your Ph should be between 6.3 and 6.8 if you’re using soil. If you’re in hydro, it is pretty good, but still a little low. I believe 5.8 is perfect in hydro.

4 Likes

In my experience ( which is limited) most nutes will lower your ph
5.5 is pretty low to begin with so after adding your nutes your ph will be really low. For example my water comes out of the tap at 8 I fill a 2 gal watering can and add fox farm tiger bloom 2 TBs and it usually drops to a 6.5 or so. But it depends on the nutes FF big bloom does not alter ph as much so I use ph down with it . Check ph at every watering and write down your results it won’t take you long to figure out works to maintain a healthy ph and you will develope a routine It may seem like a lot of steps initially but it’s worth it in the long run. I did not ph my water this last year and battled a lot of issues this Year I have been religious about it and my plants are are thousand times healthier , bigger and I am looking at a much bigger yield. I am sure others will chime in with good advice, happy growing

2 Likes

Dun matter where water comes from…only matters PH.

5.5 is very low ph. as others stated…PH for soil…6.3 to 6.8 PH for hydro…5.8 to 6

Add all your nutes…then adjust PH to allow plants to take in as much as possible.

1 Like