Water only soils

Anyone in this forum using living soils/ super soils?

6 Likes

I bought one 5 gal kit from potforpot.com water only. Was very good deal for first time try at growing. Lots of neat goodies i didnt have plus we received 40.oo off coupon for seeds from Ilgm.

3 solid ozs. Great smoke and flavor. Banana kush.

:+1:

Someone will be along that builds their own.

7 Likes

@Storm rocks all organic grows :love_you_gesture:

8 Likes

Have you used Search? Good place to start

1 Like

@MeEasy can help with this :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood :sunglasses: I grow in living soil using premixed products so my soil building is not great but I might be able to steer you in the right direction :grinning: if you click on Homer (my picture) then click on my featured topic you will be magically teleported over to my place :grinning: there’s quite a bit of information but more importantly a lot of organic growers bs’ing and helping each other

5 Likes

An understatement if there ever was one. I was going to throw your name out there but wasn’t sure you did living soils or if adding nutrients, even if top fed or via teas, still falls within living soils.

3 Likes

Yes sir I only do dry organic nutrients, well until next round I’m trying out some liquid nutrients that are supposed to be all organic… we’ll see how that goes

I don’t tea though I personally think it’s a waste of nutrients

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag @OGIncognito . Organics and living soils easiest I have ever done. So little maintenance. As long as ammended correct, environment is stable, you cant lose.

3 Likes

I use Coast of Maine Stonington Blend soil, a buddy uses Purple Cow Indicaja. Im giving Elm Dirt (organic nutrients) a try this go around with some sunset sherberts. Both will last 30days of nutes using 5 gallon pots. Ive also used Coast of Maine’s dry amendments with good results. Im in the 1st week of real flower. Checked runoff PPMs last night after feeding and i am averaging 1400ppms on all 4. Im using HLG 600r amd 320XL along with a vivosun vs2000.

3 Likes

I have never built a soil to sustain for an entire grow. I use living soil with highway dust. Also running one plant with a product called simply professional. You have some great growers tagged in here and will certainly be great resources for you.

2 Likes

I have currently started my first grows, yet to reap the rewards but learning alot. I have been suggested to start with this soil

An australian local product for me which is great though i understand it will not last the entire grow cycle before needing to add further products to soil. The supplier also others liquid and dry products for soils replenishment which i have. Basically the creator of these products has made it simple to use though im trying to learn about things that should be added (worm casting, fish casting etc…) to organic super soils through grows for benifits and at which points. Also how the hell do i test ppm of products going in if your not suppose to water till run off? Slurry mix pre potting tests in at 400ppm before additives but once i get a bit further along in cycle i wont be able to test top soils as nutes wont be accurate. Anyway thanks for dropping some info, you guys n gals are great and if any of your experienced growers can help with some advice it will be appreciated greatly! :metal: hoping to keep soil alive and replenish once/if this grow is successful.

1 Like

Since I made the switch to organic/living soil, I don’t bother to text ppm or pH anymore.

5 Likes

@JaneQP same here. I dont ph either unless something looks off. Last night was the first ppm ive done with this grow just being curious. Im happy with 1400ppm with runoff.

3 Likes

@Ozland that looks alot like Sohum. Youll be good nute wise for 30 to 45 days. Youll want to add some dry amendmant around week 3 or 4 of veg to allow the amendments 2 weeks to work into the soil.

1 Like

I grow in living soil, mostly in earthbox’s now. I use pots outdoors because indoors I had trouble moving my big 30 gallon around.
I love using living soil. The earthbox makes it so easy to water and move around.

4 Likes

Totally forgot to tag you on this subject :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I agree unless used only for a boost to the life. Only teas i use are a base mixed in water immediatly applied if I feel the soil life is weak. Living soils are slower so adding in nutes to speed it up is typically counterproductive in my mind. @MeEasy got me lined out fast. The rest is just time with the style. Just an aside. Cold will kill off the life. Just had an ugly situation and lost a big ol Afghan. Sigh.

3 Likes

I am using up the last of my tea stuff outdoors this year. I read a study (small size) that showed top dressing with compost was better than compost tea.

2 Likes

If you use living soil and don’t do char, you are driving your Ferrari in just 1st gear on the freeway. Does anyone use char.? I would bet a pack of seeds you do not have to amend mid grow if you do the char…

2 Likes