Water nute and droop?

It definately looks like overwater. Since they are autos, lighting wont matter so I would keep the lights on 24/7 for a day and let them dry out. Keep an eye on them and see if they are getting better or worse… until you have a ph and tds meter hard to tell…Doesnt look like any chemical or nute problem… BUT THEN I AM STILL FAIRLY NEW. It actually looks like some of my girls at times…

1 Like

are you checking ph of runoff or ph of the feed? honestly ph of runoff is more important. also ppm of runoff. yes too high ppm can stress a plant out bad and cause drooping.

make sure your runoff ph and ppm are within spec. if u suspect ppm then flush with ph balanced water - checking runoff ph at every gallon. if you know its ppms causing problem dont waste time and use a flushing agent like flawledd flush or sledgehammer

1 Like

She looks fine, it’s perfectly normal for a little drooping after watering. Don’t worry, she’s doing great.

1 Like

THEY ARE ALIVE, BWHAHAHA
Good morning everyone, it was a long night of worry for me , in my limited experience if never seen plants crash that hard right after a feeding, I don’t use alot of nutes in my growing but decided to push them a little further along going with 2/3 strength on foxfarm top 3.
I’ve been reading on some of the auto growers
Who are pulling 7-8 oz autos, and they push there nutes along with other obvious differences, ( auto pots, nute brand etc).
Anyway I do have a pH meter which I have been using pre nute on my water , I use tap, let it sit 12 hrs, then pH down to 6.1-6.3, then nutes, guessing at run off, I haven’t been adding enough water for maybe 5 precent run off, in 5 gallon bags with ffhf.
I do have a ppm metered ordered be here tomorrow and should be able to use next watering, now I’ve never used one before and will need to read on them today.
I just want to give a shout out to everyone responding and offering there help, with special mention@OldSchoolGrower @DoobieNoobie and @Familyman for holding my hand till 4 a.m.lol .
@raustin @blackthumbbetty @PurpNGold74 @basementstealth @jt123.

7 Likes

Your plant actually looks amazing today. Glad everything worked out.

1 Like

looks nice! look closely for small brown spots on the leaves… thats one of the first signs I’ve noticed of high ppm after a feed shock. u got this !

1 Like

Your plant looks great today.

I do see one potential problem: pH your nute solution AFTER you add your nutes.

2 Likes

Feed shock! That’s what it felt like, like that description, makes me nervous to feed them that much again, don’t know what to do, but I’m off work for for 4 days so plenty of study time.
These plants are tough and can be a roller coaster of nerves but I do enjoy the ride.
I will for certian be post testing my water!!
I’m ready for my ppm meter so I can know what the hell is going on in my soil!
Thanks again everyone!

Yup they look much better. Good job. But like betty said. Dont pH before feeding. PH everything after its mixed right before u pour on the ladies

3 Likes

I got you man going to pH after every time from now on I can’t wait till my PPM meter gets here tomorrow tired of flying blind.

1 Like

I use spring water that is pH’d 8.0. When I add the Tiger Bloom it drops it all the way down to 5.8. I have to use pH Up to get it back to 7.2. At 7.2 my run off is 6.5. Strange but the numbers don’t lie.

1 Like

I’m glad they look better. I thought they just looked water heavy. Glad to see that was all.

1 Like

Thanks @DoobieNoobie, they scared me like kids playing in traffic!

2 Likes

Hahah I know what you mean.

1 Like

@Randy1966

Why you all got off topic is beyond me. But getting back to your problem. It’s one of two things here and only you can tell me.

Watering

How much and how offen. Your answer will determind what’s going on and please be honest ok because I need to know in order to help save your plants. I’ll be waiting your answer.

Over watering and under watering look very much the same.

They came back by the next morning and are doing well, I only water till about 5 precent run off.
The plants tell me when thier ready , generally speaking this takes 48 hours, 5 gallon bags.
I wait till there lite.
As they’ve grown I’ve increased the volume of water has increased, which has reached approx 1 gallon.

3 Likes

now they look awesome. So they were to dry … glad to hear I just saw some bad answers and didn’t want you going the wrong way … lol

2 Likes