Water Germination!

Should seeds germinated in water be kept in the drak until the sprout through the soil ?

1 Like

That question is kinda loaded funny? Obviously anything buried in soil will be in the dark until it breaks the surface. Once the seedling has a leaf showing it will require illumination to photosynthesize or it will ultimately remain forever in the darkness.

2 Likes

So a dark warm closet is good or should I put the under the CFL light now ? Newbie Sorry, I got them to germinate in the water just don’t want to kill the now !

You could do either, I usually use a closet, but since it’s cold right now I have been just keeping them in my tent, the light is not going to hurt them any as long as you aren’t letting the root grow to a ridiculous length.

1 Like

Thank you for your help. I feel stupid LOL

Don’t! We all start somewhere. Always ask questions. If we can’t help you, we’ll find someone who can :grimacing:
Welcome to ILGM

2 Likes

Exactly, I will germinate in wet paper towel until I get tap root. Then put in soil with light on 12hrs. Until they break through soil.

1 Like

I put mine in a shot glass of 10 to 1 ratio of water and 3% h202 for 48 hours or whenever I get a tap root, but I have left seeds in that solution in the window sill all day and nothing happened to it lol, but like I said I leave them in my tent with the lights on and everything with them in the water and no big deal, and then after they go into the coco they usually go under those lights since the solo cup is so much shorter than the pots it keeps the seedlings out of to intense light.

2 Likes

I 2nd what southerngal says there is no stupid question. The best thing is ask lots of questions, I didn’t know anything about growing a year ago and now I have 2 grow rooms full. The people on this forum can solve any problem, I absolutely love it here. Happy growing. :seedling::seedling:

2 Likes

Just remember to have fun growing don’t stress cause you can find answers here. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks Everyone!!! I loxe this forum already, I’m sure I will have lots of questions as time goes on !!! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you, learning something new every day !

1 Like

No problem!!

Like southerngal said ask away you should have heard some of the questions I asked when I was starting and I still ask after growing alittle over a year I still have alot to learn. We’re all here to help each other get best grow we can get and have fun doing it. :sunglasses::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like