Water / Feeding

I run into this problem quite often and not really sure where I’m messing up at. I always feed - water - feed etc. But some times I don’t water a plant for a long time (over a week). I bought a moisture tester for soil and usually wait till it’s In the red to water. Went into my tent yesterday and and saw a few yellow leaves on a plant so I gave it a feeding. I’m using fox farm nutrients - 3 tsp Big Bloom 2 tsp Grow Big 1 tsp Cal/Mag 1 tsp Boomerang 1 tsp Root Drench 1/2 tsp Mackerel 1 tsp Kelp and 1/4 tsp Open Sesame all of that ph’d to 6.5. I also water till I see a good amount of drainage. I got this seed from a buddy so not sure what seedbank it’s from, but the package said Love Indigo x XXX so I’m guessing it’s a mix of two genetics.

2 Likes

Completely normal i wouldnt trip. Youre plants look very healthy. Chances are they just cannibalized those leaves when the water got low.

5 Likes

Fox farms says feed in soil twice per week are you doing that? Shouldn’t be having yellow leaves this early on their regimen

1 Like

Not really because my plants never dry out in time to water 3 times a week. I keep the tent around 80+ degrees F. Some times it’s more than a week before I have to water again. Going based off a moisture meter I got from Amazon. I also usually test all around the plant to get a more accurate reading.

1 Like

Appreciate the reply! I start going crazy when I see things like this happen lol

Fox farms says feed in soil twice a week and you’re feeding once per every 2 weeks I guess it’s normal for what you’re doing

1 Like

You are right about that. I feel like I’d be over watering my plants if I had to water 3 times a week. Maybe going by the moisture meter isn’t the best way to determine when to water

2 Likes

I usually just pick them up and go off the weight to determine when to water. Do you have an Ec or ppm meter to test your nutrients and runoff levels? And are you testing the runoff for your pH?

Heres a FF soil schedule in case you dont have one.

2 Likes

Thank you for the chart! The one I got with the nutrients I bought looks a bit different. I need to start checking the runoff. I recently bought a PPM / EC pen, it’s just a pain to collect the run off. I gotta get it to where they all have a dish or something to collect it. I feel like I should start watering based off weight cause watering once a week or even longer some times doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

Ive never used the moisture meters but im pretty sure everytime i see a soil meter mentioned someone always says to ditch it.

2 Likes

Keep the drench to drought routine Growmie. Agree with @Ebb on the lowest bottom yellow leaves. NPK is a Mobil nutrient and moves where it’s needed :love_you_gesture:

The meter is very inaccurate. I would start judging by weight myself. Overwatering is letting it stay muddy always. Living soils stay moist all the time. Nutrient lines typically wet/dry. Nutrient line will tell when to feed but watering varies by plant and environment. Water fully and pick it up. To runoff. In order to get pot totally wet water…wait…water. a lot of growers forget that runoff occurs if watered fast down the sides and does not saturate everything. Once heavy let it go till it is light . Bottom should be a little moist…a little. Totally dry is almost as bad as wet because she will feed on herself. Just my thoughts. As she gets big she will use the water faster. You will get it down quickly. Pretty basic. Leaves yellowing in the middle are common. A smooth yellow with no glaring issues is ok. Will see them at bottom and deep inside all through the grow. Concern begins when it becomes a spreading issue. Then we seek our culprit and adjust. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

1 Like